Expired

Amazon Sellers - a moan!

12 replies
Found 15th Dec 2014
Why oh why don't Amazon state where the seller is located?
I bought 2 necklaces for my daughter on there at the end of November. Absolutely no sign of them, and no indication of where it's been posted from or delivery method (although the sale page stated 'FREE UK DELIVERY').
Thought I'd contact seller, so I clicked 'Where's my item' and up pops a box with tracking details from CHINA!!!!

That is out of order. There is no way I am getting those items before Xmas.

Anyone else feel the same as me on this?
Essentially this is false advertising.

12 Comments

What does your estimated delivery say?

I did the same, and got the item two days ago, think it took 7 days to get here

Items in my experience from China typically take two weeks, so don't rule out Christmas just yet.

Usually I assume items that aren't fulfilled by Amazon to be coming from overseas.

Original Poster

10th Dec to 2nd Jan!
...but my point here is "I should know this upfront", not after I've purchased it.

Got a link to the item/seller?

machinist

10th Dec to 2nd Jan!...but my point here is "I should know this upfront", … 10th Dec to 2nd Jan!...but my point here is "I should know this upfront", not after I've purchased it.

Not had this happen to me but i completely agree with you, When at checkout there should be alert stating that it comes from overseas and a rough date it would arrive, Least that way it states China you can empty basket and go elsewhere.

I'm still waiting on an item ordered back in November!! Again If I had realised the item was coming from China I wouldn't have bothered. Amazon should make it clear if it's a seller out of uk instead of us having to look in the small print

this must be really annoying
how can you make decisions if you risk duty and/or are in a rush?
sidenote: I'm not happy that amazon don't allow you to choose from multiple shipping options. i tend to always minimise shipping costs on eBay and the flexibility there is far greater (often you can just ask and suggest multiple shipping discounts or 2nd class etc)

Just check out the sellers details before buying, it's not straight forward and takes several clicks but the info is there. Dam annoying I know and only learnt my lesson after being caught out.

Original Poster

Well, glad I'm not the only one at least.

Argoj

Just check out the sellers details before buying, it's not straight … Just check out the sellers details before buying, it's not straight forward and takes several clicks but the info is there. Dam annoying I know and only learnt my lesson after being caught out.

http://s27.postimg.org/qhn71sxtv/amazon.jpg

We always check where it's from before ordering anything as some misleading sellers out there and only takes one click to find out initially:
http://s3.postimg.org/jvqqqo7yr/amazon2.jpg

and we've waited up to 6 weeks from China before, so it still may turn up.

Edited by: "Likely2" 15th Dec 2014

Original Poster

...and as if by magic one of the necklaces turned up today!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions