Amazon Sellers using Automated price tools

Some of you may be aware that some sellers have an automated system where if someone lists something cheap, they automatically adjust their price 1p below the competition within an hour.

I'll admit, I've used the trick once or twice before by listing a 'blu-ray' cover to get the sellers price down, but how is the legality of this? Could Amazon ban me when it's the fault of the sellers?

6 Comments

So you list a 'blu-ray' cover to get sellers price down?
What happens if someone buys your non-existing product??

Original Poster

FreeDeal

So you list a 'blu-ray' cover to get sellers price down?What happens if … So you list a 'blu-ray' cover to get sellers price down?What happens if someone buys your non-existing product??

It's doubtful that would happen, and hasn't in the three times I have tried it. A friend of mine did sell something, but just refunded them. But yeah, your listing brings the sellers price down within an hour, to either 1p less than yours, or to their lowest.

superfreddy

Could Amazon ban me when it's the fault of the sellers?

Odd, appears to me it would be entirely your fault for fraudulently listing products you don't have or intend to sell. Not sure how the other sellers come into that.

Also, "legality" doesn't come into it at all if Amazon want to ban you.
Edited by: "Ashe" 20th Jan

Ashe

Odd, appears to me it would be entirely your fault for fraudulently … Odd, appears to me it would be entirely your fault for fraudulently listing products you don't have or intend to sell. Not sure how the other sellers come into that.Also, "legality" doesn't come into it at all if Amazon want to ban you.

It's not his fault if the other seller decides to lower their price, that part is entirely on them. Could be a simple misprice as far as they are aware.

I agree though, legal or not Amazon would almost certainly ban you if they became aware of you creating fake listings so I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

I have done this a few times but i do it late at night and dont lie about the item. if it did sell i would honour sale.
Its not like ebay, lots of people dont read condition so if you sold bluray cover they would probably open case and leave negative feedback if you dont send full bluray.

Have had £10 items for £2

Edited by: "davidian84" 20th Jan

Trick?
Dont you mean you 'conning' sellers to purchase their items at a cheaper price by fraudulently listing items you never had
If so, Amazon should ban you !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Beds33
    2. What to do?????34
    3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
    4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions