Amazon Shoes/Clothing Returns - Potential Exchange Loophole

Found 18th Aug 2014
I've just noticed this text on Amazon's returns policy for shoes and clothing:

"Exchanging Shoes or Clothing

If you would like to exchange an item, simply visit our Online Returns Centre, an exchange option will display if the product eligibility criteria are met.

The exchange item must be:
•A variant of the original item (for example a different size or colour)
•Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk
•Not marked as a gift

If you are exchanging the original item for a different size, we'll cover any cost increase. If you are exchanging for a different colour, we'll charge you the difference in price. If the new price is lower, for either size or color, we'll refund you the difference. You'll just need to use the return label provided to send your original item back to us within 30 days to avoid being charged for both the original and exchange items. If the item you wish to return doesn't have an exchange return option, you will need to return the original item and place a new order."

The key point being "If you are exchanging the original item for a different size, we'll cover any cost increase." There are a number of shoes etc where there is one obscure size that's often half the price of the others...so even though you may have to pay postage to return a wrong size, you could still end up with one of the more expensive sizes for a much reduced price
Community Updates
7 Comments
Sorry, originally posted this as a deal but it's been moved to Misc - the link to the policy is here:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…230

If I'd realised this before ordering adult and kids hiking shoes on Saturday ahead of an upcoming holiday I could have saved quite a bit
Great everybody keep buying stuff to return so that 10-20% mark up to cover return costs gets bigger making stuff more expensive
Crusader777

Great everybody keep buying stuff to return so that 10-20% mark up to … Great everybody keep buying stuff to return so that 10-20% mark up to cover return costs gets bigger making stuff more expensive

Not everything in clothing and shoes is covered by their free returns - I'm not sure any of the shoes I bought at the weekend are, certainly not mentioned on the product pages, so that additional cost will have to be factored in to any savings to be made...
Really good idea, thank you
a lot of time with returns.. you only have option for refund.. not exchange anyway (its greyed out ant cant be selected)
nasteestu

a lot of time with returns.. you only have option for refund.. not … a lot of time with returns.. you only have option for refund.. not exchange anyway (its greyed out ant cant be selected)

I think that depends on the reason you select for returning it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants