Amazon Smile - Donate some of your spend to charity

Found 9th Nov 2017
Amazon have launched Amazon Smile in the UK - a way to donate money to charity with every purchase from Amazon

0.5% of purchases (excluding VAT, shipping fees and returns) are donated to UK-specific charities when bought via smile.amazon.co.uk. At launch, Cancer Research UK, The British Red Cross, Royal British Legion, Magic Breakfast, Marie Curie, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital Charity, RSPCA, Save the Children, Scottish Women's Aid and Stonewall are on board.

Just a head's up for anyone who frequently shops at Amazon!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Wow Amazon. Hilarious bare faced cheek to score points without paying a respectable amount of tax.
These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the charities to deflect away from the fact that they legally ripp off the British public to the tune of BILLIONS OF POUNDS every year by avoiding their fair share of taxes.

And what do the politicians do about it ? Nothing because the lobbyists have got to most of them thats why...
30 Comments
Wow Amazon. Hilarious bare faced cheek to score points without paying a respectable amount of tax.
These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the charities to deflect away from the fact that they legally ripp off the British public to the tune of BILLIONS OF POUNDS every year by avoiding their fair share of taxes.

And what do the politicians do about it ? Nothing because the lobbyists have got to most of them thats why...
Wow a whole £5 for every grand you spend with em, aside from the tax issue this will probably result in less Money being given to charity by people who can't add up, as the did their bit ordering a few games.

Plus the Charity choice is abysmal
hooray.henry2 m ago

These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the …These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the charities to deflect away from the fact that they legally ripp off the British public to the tune of BILLIONS OF POUNDS every year by avoiding their fair share of taxes.And what do the politicians do about it ? Nothing because the lobbyists have got to most of them thats why...

I bet the staff get top up benefits too.
Amazon execs. also acting as non executive directors on some of those charities getting expenses covered!

Find a decent charity and give them your money yourself, not through a third party!
Good for simplicity but there are more generous routes, posted here multiple times. I think this is the most recent hotukdeals.com/dea…292
hooray.henry21 m ago

These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the …These corporations British and mostly American chuck a few pennies to the charities to deflect away from the fact that they legally ripp off the British public to the tune of BILLIONS OF POUNDS every year by avoiding their fair share of taxes.And what do the politicians do about it ? Nothing because the lobbyists have got to most of them thats why...

Makes you wonder why after 5 years since this hit the media and been happening for decades our government have done nothing about it. Maybe because people still see it as a corporation issue when a corporation doesn’t have morals but legal rights to their shareholders. All the while the likes of that true great Britan Lewis Hamilton gets plaudits and cons the country not only out of massive VAT amounts but also income tax by living in Switzerland go Lewis.
Banned
davewave1 h, 50 m ago

Wow Amazon. Hilarious bare faced cheek to score points without paying a …Wow Amazon. Hilarious bare faced cheek to score points without paying a respectable amount of tax.

NOW that is the "BOOM" comment of the day for me!
Meh. No Cat's Protection.
Surely there's an abused donkey in a 3rd world s*** hole that needs some lovin'?
And I don't mean from the owner after hours.

#donkeylivesmatter
Segata-Sanshiro38 m ago

Good!https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/M-savers-Cat-Chunks-in-Jelly-Chicken/302165011?from=search&tags=|105651¶m=morrisons+savers&parentContainer=SEARCHmorrisons+saver

Do one Error, you really are a miserable, soulless, black hole of a human being sometimes. Not the day to push me.

I'll remember you've been taking every opportunity to rag on what is most precious you me, next time you cry into my inbox about not being able to manage your own affairs.
Edited by: "MSK." 9th Nov 2017
MSK.2 h, 4 m ago

Do one Error, you really are a miserable, soulless, black hole of a human …Do one Error, you really are a miserable, soulless, black hole of a human being sometimes. Not the day to push me.I'll remember you've been taking every opportunity to rag on what is most precious you me, next time you cry into my inbox about not being able to manage your own affairs.

Lighten up
Segata-Sanshiro50 m ago

Lighten up

Why? You think because I listen to your problems you can treat me like crap?
MSK.10 h, 11 m ago

Why? You think because I listen to your problems you can treat me like …Why? You think because I listen to your problems you can treat me like crap?

Its just joking around you sound like that guy from goodfellers
Segata-Sanshiro10 m ago

Its just joking around you sound like that guy from goodfellers

It's all banter, until it's not isn't it? I think you ought to look at the sum of your comments over the last couple of weeks.
Sounds like yet another Amazon tax dodge to me . They probably have a few more millions of profit they can't think of a way to hide
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Dec 2017
It's just the sort of thing that abusive companies have always done. Tobacco firms were always good at pretending not to cause untold misery and suffering to millions. Uber has a knack for it too.

The facetwits won't understand it though. They're much too far gone.
Edited by: "Adult" 29th Dec 2017
Thanks for the info op, I will sign up
Perhaps they should consider paying 0.5% more of their considerable turnover to their poorly paid staff. At least pay it to the Prime Now drivers so that they can scrap the suggested tip nonsense they impose on their customers.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 29th Dec 2017
Banned
HMRC ISN'T ON THE LIST I SEE!
Don’t agree with some of those charities:

Save The Children operates ships in the Mediterranean that makes countless daily journeys ferrying migrants across for them to claim ‘asylum’.
Thanks!
I wondered why the UK Amazon didn't do this when the USA one does.
lockwoodisbored2 h, 41 m ago

Don’t agree with some of those charities:Save The Children operates ships i …Don’t agree with some of those charities:Save The Children operates ships in the Mediterranean that makes countless daily journeys ferrying migrants across for them to claim ‘asylum’.

Didn't know this, will avoid them in the future, thanks for letting me know
Magic Breakfast
Is that like having a massive bowl containing Sugar Poofs, Coco Pops and Rice Krispies?
Followed by 2 pints of Um Bungo

They win, ignore the rest.
Of course you need to make sure you don't buy direct from a link on here.
Then the only charity gaining is HUKD.
maybe amazon can pay their fekin tax bills too, the country could do with all those billions of unpaid pounds each year
It's not a charity of my choice though is it? It's a charity of Amazon's choice from a very small pre-selected list. I've not signed up for that reason. As well as the many other valid reasons in this thread.
Can't understand why people are criticising. It's better than nothing and 0.5% more than the millions of other businesses out there that don't contribute.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants