Amazon Smile now on Amazon Android App

Posted 28th Oct
Aware some people read their app update notifications so may already have this, but if like me you don't then it's worth knowing that Amazon Smile (where Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price to a charity) is now available within the Amazon Android App rather than just via the browser.

To activate, just open the app menu and the Amazon Smile banner is just under Programmes and Features.
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Yup great feature. Small percentage but is better than nothing and adds up! Been using for a couple weeks🔥
Yeah I think it came out in the October update but I don't tend to look at what was updated so only just saw it today. Makes me feel less guilty for buying loots of stuff I don't need. Plus with Christmas on the way it'll add up.
Yes I've had it on my phone for a while now, it's so easy to forget when using the main site on a PC, it's not much but adds up, so thanks for letting people know.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 28th Oct
I set it up a few weeks ago. Required notifications to be switched on.
Where is it on the app? Can anyone post a screenshot
student_saver8829/10/2019 00:41

It was here yesterday; appeared as a banner.
38827375-QubxF.jpg
Please post this as a deal, more people should know about this!
Sloman29/10/2019 08:19

Please post this as a deal, more people should know about this!

But it's not a deal, it's more of an FYI.
i wish HUKD would implement an auto change of address and that topcashback and quidco would also allow their links to go there too
Excellent news, just added it so thanks OP

student_saver8829/10/2019 00:41

Go into the hamburger menu > settings > Amazon Smile if you haven't found it already. No need for banner.
cache29/10/2019 12:45

i wish HUKD would implement an auto change of address and that topcashback …i wish HUKD would implement an auto change of address and that topcashback and quidco would also allow their links to go there too

That wouldn't happen on TCB and Quidco. I reckon the main reason Amazon introduced Amazon Smile is to stop people using cashback sites/Amazon Affiliates, as they pay out far more than 0.5% to them.

Quite a few charities have stopped doing this as link is a few years old, but some are participating. 5% back to the charities this way.
hotukdeals.com/dea…292
jamie1501/11/2019 01:17

That wouldn't happen on TCB and Quidco. I reckon the main reason Amazon …That wouldn't happen on TCB and Quidco. I reckon the main reason Amazon introduced Amazon Smile is to stop people using cashback sites/Amazon Affiliates, as they pay out far more than 0.5% to them.Quite a few charities have stopped doing this as link is a few years old, but some are participating. 5% back to the charities this way. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/shop-at-amazon-they-will-donate-5-to-charity-with-every-order-1-2626292

very true, found a really interesting article about it actually: heidoc.net/joo…ute
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants