Amazon (Sort by Price) - Never Works - Amazon Dirty Tactics?

Posted 21st Nov
I don't know if anyone else has ever noticed but when you do an Amazon search then a sort by price on Amazon it never does a proper sort like ebay does so you end up having to trawl through pages of adverts until you find the cheapest.

This is obviously some sort of Amazon fiddle and its pretty blatant.

Anyone else find this a right pain in the A?
Asked Amazon for an explanation and they said it was a software glitch or caching or the chat guy said based on sales contribution and rank.
Haha yeah a software glitch that has been ongoing for 10+ years!
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Why would a seller pay Amazon if their ad didn't appear at the top of the list?
bozo00721/11/2019 19:48

Why would a seller pay Amazon if their ad didn't appear at the top of the …Why would a seller pay Amazon if their ad didn't appear at the top of the list?

Yes but you are not reading the question - it amazes me replies like this.
If you have nothing to add to the conversation except sniping and trolling then why bother?

That is what happens when you do an ordinary search but if I want the cheapest i should be able to find it by selecting "sort by price" - geddit or is that beyond your comprehension!

Anyway i found the solution - you need to manipulate the html code line to get around Amazons fiddle!
Edited by: "omendata" 21st Nov
omendata21/11/2019 19:53

Yes but you are not reading the question - it amazes me replies like …Yes but you are not reading the question - it amazes me replies like this.If you have nothing to add to the conversation except sniping and trolling then why bother?That is what happens when you do an ordinary search but if I want the cheapest i should be able to find it by selecting "sort by price" - geddit or is that beyond your comprehension!Anyway i found the solution - you need to manipulate the html code line to get around Amazons fiddle!

Wow chill out
omendata21/11/2019 19:53

Yes but you are not reading the question - it amazes me replies like …Yes but you are not reading the question - it amazes me replies like this.If you have nothing to add to the conversation except sniping and trolling then why bother?That is what happens when you do an ordinary search but if I want the cheapest i should be able to find it by selecting "sort by price" - geddit or is that beyond your comprehension!Anyway i found the solution - you need to manipulate the html code line to get around Amazons fiddle!

39059608-S5vht.jpg
It works for me
I have came across it sometimes, it normally help to narrow down categories first. But because of people moaning about prime stuff, when you see an odd priced item if you click into it, then go to other sellers someone will have it in the price range, but charge some stupid delivery price.

Random example, search necklace, tick prime, price low to high.
Ponder why a £4.99 item is sitting in the middle of items around 64p,83p,£1.35.
39060446-sfTZ6.jpgClick into it.
39060446-7fVWN.jpgIt is because it finds a third party seller with the £1.11 price, which then fits into the price range it has it displayed at, but doesn't take the delivery into account. Quite a few other sellers are using this to advantage.
Just like the annoying multi listings on Ebay with a from and to price, but the lower price being something daft like say a pair of laces for the shoes they advertised.
cecilmcroberts21/11/2019 21:49

I have came across it sometimes, it normally help to narrow down …I have came across it sometimes, it normally help to narrow down categories first. But because of people moaning about prime stuff, when you see an odd priced item if you click into it, then go to other sellers someone will have it in the price range, but charge some stupid delivery price. Random example, search necklace, tick prime, price low to high. Ponder why a £4.99 item is sitting in the middle of items around 64p,83p,£1.35. [Image] Click into it. [Image] It is because it finds a third party seller with the £1.11 price, which then fits into the price range it has it displayed at, but doesn't take the delivery into account. Quite a few other sellers are using this to advantage. Just like the annoying multi listings on Ebay with a from and to price, but the lower price being something daft like say a pair of laces for the shoes they advertised.

Yeah those multi listings on ebay are a real con as well and waste a lot of searching time!
Those Chinese sellers are smart but devious!
Dylan_Smith13521/11/2019 21:47

It works for me

So it works for you but not 99.99999% of Amazon users lol
I suggest you google the problem its one of the most frequently complained about issues on Amazon!

Do a search for "led tap light" and tell me what the first one is on your searched then sorted list is then and then I will tell you what the actual cheapest one is!

The problem with Amazon is they do not sort including delivery which many sellers use to readjust the selling price to their actual price - same as ebay really but at least ebay sorts on the full price!
omendata21/11/2019 22:51

So it works for you but not 99.99999% of Amazon users lolI suggest you …So it works for you but not 99.99999% of Amazon users lolI suggest you google the problem its one of the most frequently complained about issues on Amazon!Do a search for "led tap light" and tell me what the first one is on your searched then sorted list is then and then I will tell you what the actual cheapest one is!The problem with Amazon is they do not sort including delivery which many sellers use to readjust the selling price to their actual price - same as ebay really but at least ebay sorts on the full price!

Oh one tip. Amazon warehouse deals page has became really bad with sorting. I have found recently dont use the page at all, head into normal then use the seller filter and choose amazon warehouse, then sort.
cecilmcroberts21/11/2019 23:00

Oh one tip. Amazon warehouse deals page has became really bad with …Oh one tip. Amazon warehouse deals page has became really bad with sorting. I have found recently dont use the page at all, head into normal then use the seller filter and choose amazon warehouse, then sort.

Hmm not sure how that would help you find the cheapest tap light dude?
Besides i havent clue about the difference between "normal" and "warehouse deals page"
Most people i would imagine are the same and just hit amazon.co.uk
43 minutes left till BLACK FRIDAY - Lets see how much of a ripoff the deals really are!
Pity the sort by price isnt working lol
No wonder Amazon make a mint - smart but devious marketing and website back end sort algo programming!
omendata21/11/2019 23:15

Hmm not sure how that would help you find the cheapest tap light …Hmm not sure how that would help you find the cheapest tap light dude?Besides i havent clue about the difference between "normal" and "warehouse deals page"Most people i would imagine are the same and just hit amazon.co.uk43 minutes left till BLACK FRIDAY - Lets see how much of a ripoff the deals really are!Pity the sort by price isnt working lolNo wonder Amazon make a mint - smart but devious marketing and website back end sort algo programming!

You need to put your clocks back mate.
jimmy_the_fridge21/11/2019 23:24

You need to put your clocks back mate.

Hows that Jimmy i was using the amazon website ticker - maybe you should pm them!
29 mins now!

Does yer weenie still look like a genie?
Maybe thats the problem?
I did give you comment of the week but they removed my post JTF!

39061626-8IJvo.jpg
What Amazon does when you sort by price, for some reason, is to get rid of 90% of the products. Why I don't know. It's been a known bug for years and they never fix it. Incredibly frustrating!
omendata21/11/2019 22:48

Yeah those multi listings on ebay are a real con as well and waste a lot …Yeah those multi listings on ebay are a real con as well and waste a lot of searching time!Those Chinese sellers are smart but devious!

Every time I see one, I report them for search manipulation, because that's exactly what they're doing. So frustrating, they ruin the experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions