Groups

Amazon - Special Delivery - Guaranteed?

Can someone tell me the general rules of Royal Mail Special Delivery? I placed an order with Amazon and paid a ridiculous amount to get the item sent via Special Delivery with guaranteed delivery before 1pm. The item actually arrived at gone 4pm but whilst I know this is only three hours late, surely if it is guaranteed to be here by 1pm, it has to be or I should be refunded as I have not received the service I paid for?

25 Comments

Of course you can get a refund (Normally, i'm not sure if it's still guaranteed for 1PM in 'extreme weather conditions')

Although Amazon will probably refund you it without hassle.

With royalmail, no.

Claim this back with Amazon they can claim it back through royalmail.

Original Poster

t0mm;7315094

Of course you can get a refund (Normally, i'm not sure if it's still … Of course you can get a refund (Normally, i'm not sure if it's still guaranteed for 1PM in 'extreme weather conditions')Although Amazon will probably refund you it without hassle.

The weather round here is hardly extreme, it hasn't snowed in the last three days so all they have to deal with is a bit of slush!

kimbyanne;7315113

The weather round here is hardly extreme, it hasn't snowed in the last … The weather round here is hardly extreme, it hasn't snowed in the last three days so all they have to deal with is a bit of slush!

could have been a problem anywhere on the route from the Amazon depot.

Give Amazon a call, they'll 90% refund it.

They have a great customer service team.

Original Poster

t0mm;7315127

could have been a problem anywhere on the route from the Amazon … could have been a problem anywhere on the route from the Amazon depot.Give Amazon a call, they'll 90% refund it.They have a great customer service team.

Thanks, will do.

There are only two types of Special Delivery, one guarantees delivery by 9am, the other next day delivery. I think Amazon promised you something that doesn't exist.

Original Poster

Delightful91;7315140

There are only two types of Special Delivery, one guarantees delivery by … There are only two types of Special Delivery, one guarantees delivery by 9am, the other next day delivery. I think Amazon promised you something that doesn't exist.

No, there is definitely a guaranteed 1pm as we use it quite often at work. I think there is 9am, 1pm and Next Working Day.

Plus the sticker on the parcel states Royal Mail Special Delivery - Guaranteed by 1pm

Delightful91;7315140

There are only two types of Special Delivery, one guarantees delivery by … There are only two types of Special Delivery, one guarantees delivery by 9am, the other next day delivery. I think Amazon promised you something that doesn't exist.

Amazon Promised 1PM because Royal mail promise 1PM.

Royal mail let her down, not Amazon.

Amazon are only following RM guidelines.

kimbyanne

No, there is definitely a guaranteed 1pm as we use it quite often at … No, there is definitely a guaranteed 1pm as we use it quite often at work. I think there is 9am, 1pm and Next Working Day.Plus the sticker on the parcel states Royal Mail Special Delivery - Guaranteed by 1pm

Yep. Theres only 2, 9AM and !PM.

You should be abel to get the fee refunded provided the items concerned were accepted for this special delivery guaranteed - here are the relevant Amazon notes on subject.

"Guaranteed Delivery Overview

Amazon.co.uk offers guaranteed delivery dates on selected items in our stores when you choose Express or Evening (selected areas only) delivery. If the item you purchase is not eligible for one of these methods, we also offer guaranteed delivery via First Class delivery when applicable.This is typically for large or oddly shaped items or for very high value items for which our carriers cannot provide express service.

This means that if you place a qualifying order with guaranted delivery, we'll prioritise your order so it is dispatched right away and refund the delivery fee if we don't deliver on or before the day specified at check out. This service only applies to eligible items we know we can ship right away, provided with no additional dispatch costs, and subject to the terms detailed for each delivery method.
    Eligible Items

To make sure the item you're buying is eligible--look for the "Want guaranteed delivery by . . ." message that displays a delivery date and method. This message lets you know that guaranteed delivery is available for the item and displays the soonest we could deliver to you if order within the time displayed.

Orders for multiple items, or multiple copies of the same item, may take longer to assemble and may not be eligible for guaranteed delivery, even if the items are listed as eligible. To be eligible for guaranteed delivery on these orders, select the "Ship my items as they become available" option, which means multiple-item orders will be split into multiple shipments and delivery fees charged for each shipment.

Learn more about our guaranteed delivery services by clicking on the following links:

Express Delivery
    Express Delivery Terms & Conditions
    Evening Delivery
    Evening Delivery Terms & Conditions
    Guaranteed First Class Delivery Terms & Conditions

Original Poster

t0mm;7315161

Amazon Promised 1PM because Royal mail promise 1PM.Royal mail let her … Amazon Promised 1PM because Royal mail promise 1PM.Royal mail let her down, not Amazon. Amazon are only following RM guidelines.

So would Amazon refund the money to me and then claim it back from Royal Mail?

kimbyanne;7315167

So would Amazon refund the money to me and then claim it back from Royal … So would Amazon refund the money to me and then claim it back from Royal Mail?

Correct providing they dont be arsey and say not that it's not their fault due to the weather.

Original Poster

mjoneill;7315164

You should be abel to get the fee refunded provided the items concerned … You should be abel to get the fee refunded provided the items concerned were accepted for this special delivery guaranteed - here are the relevant Amazon notes on subject. "Guaranteed Delivery OverviewAmazon.co.uk offers guaranteed delivery dates on selected items in our stores when you choose Express or Evening (selected areas only) delivery. If the item you purchase is not eligible for one of these methods, we also offer guaranteed delivery via First Class delivery when applicable.This is typically for large or oddly shaped items or for very high value items for which our carriers cannot provide express service.This means that if you place a qualifying order with guaranted delivery, we'll prioritise your order so it is dispatched right away and refund the delivery fee if we don't deliver on or before the day specified at check out. This service only applies to eligible items we know we can ship right away, provided with no additional dispatch costs, and subject to the terms detailed for each delivery method.Eligible ItemsTo make sure the item you're buying is eligible--look for the "Want guaranteed delivery by . . ." message that displays a delivery date and method. This message lets you know that guaranteed delivery is available for the item and displays the soonest we could deliver to you if order within the time displayed.Orders for multiple items, or multiple copies of the same item, may take longer to assemble and may not be eligible for guaranteed delivery, even if the items are listed as eligible. To be eligible for guaranteed delivery on these orders, select the "Ship my items as they become available" option, which means multiple-item orders will be split into multiple shipments and delivery fees charged for each shipment.Learn more about our guaranteed delivery services by clicking on the following links:Express DeliveryExpress Delivery Terms & ConditionsEvening DeliveryEvening Delivery Terms & ConditionsGuaranteed First Class Delivery Terms & Conditions

Well it gave me the option of guaranteed delivery and it was dispatched the same day so I assume it is covered.

t0mm;7315174

Correct providing they dont be arsey and say not that it's not their … Correct providing they dont be arsey and say not that it's not their fault due to the weather.

if they cant deal with a few snow flakes then they shouldnt gaurentee it

while we are on the subject of amazon delivery does anyone know if you have the prime £47 odd membership what delivery service they use for next day. Thanks

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;7315208

Whilst I can understand if there was "extreme weather", there really isn't. It is just a bit slushy outside that is all, hardly anything to cause postal delays!

Borat;7315216

while we are on the subject of amazon delivery does anyone know if you … while we are on the subject of amazon delivery does anyone know if you have the prime £47 odd membership what delivery service they use for next day. Thanks

Either City link or RMSD (99% of the time)

MinstrelMan;7315208

I agree too, although you know what major companies can be like.

t0mm;7315225

Either City link or RMSD (99% of the time)

thanks

kimbyanne;7315224

Whilst I can understand if there was "extreme weather", there really … Whilst I can understand if there was "extreme weather", there really isn't. It is just a bit slushy outside that is all, hardly anything to cause postal delays!

Amazon is based out of Milton Keynes and coming from Luton myself I can verify the weather is nasty here.

Original Poster

pinkleponkle;7315316

Amazon is based out of Milton Keynes and coming from Luton myself I can … Amazon is based out of Milton Keynes and coming from Luton myself I can verify the weather is nasty here.

But it was in Norwich by 5am this morning, why did it take so long to be delivered to me!

City Link are on my **** list at the minute, I pay for prime and ordered mine last thursday:

Tracking History
    Date Time Message
    21/12/09 12:58 There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left.
    21/12/09 08:36 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.
    18/12/09 18:34 These goods are in our network.
    18/12/09 06:16 These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.
    17/12/09 18:28 These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.

No one called at all, no card left luckily I was chasing it up and had to manually reschedule delivery for today between 7:30 and 17:30...... guess what? still not here.

Borat;7315216

while we are on the subject of amazon delivery does anyone know if you … while we are on the subject of amazon delivery does anyone know if you have the prime £47 odd membership what delivery service they use for next day. Thanks

Mine has always been RMSD or City Link

"The item actually arrived at gone 4pm but whilst I know this is only three hours late, surely if it is guaranteed to be here by 1pm, it has to be or I should be refunded as I have not received the service I paid for?"

Did you put 4pm on the card you signed, our postie delivered 20 mins late the other day, all 3 signatures before mine said 1pm which was impossible,so he was pulling a fast one.

Original Poster

deanos;7315373

"The item actually arrived at gone 4pm but whilst I know this is only … "The item actually arrived at gone 4pm but whilst I know this is only three hours late, surely if it is guaranteed to be here by 1pm, it has to be or I should be refunded as I have not received the service I paid for?"Did you put 4pm on the card you signed, our postie delivered 20 mins late the other day, all 3 signatures before mine said 1pm which was impossible,so he was pulling a fast one.

No idea as it wasn't me who signed for it.

However, I sent Amazon an email and have just had one back apologising and stating they are refunding the £8.80 I paid for postage!

Result
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846217
      2. RIP DOCTOR WHO22
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism57
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395

See more discussions