Expired

Amazon take too long to dispatch things on their free delivery

Found 15th Aug 2013
the items in stock, I placed the order 48 hours ago and still not dispatched, useless, will stick to smaller businesses again
Community Updates
27 Comments
First world problem.
go prime or pay more

they do have alot of orders to get through
Great
pay for delivery if you want it quick
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/first-world-problems-milk.jpg
I bet Amazon are reading this, ******* themselves and considering informing the city in advance as to the imminent drop in share price.
They don't want people to choose free delivery, they want the £49 a year for Prime, or for you to pay for 1st class, next day delivery. So for the free delivery option they sit on their hands for a couple of days. Makes perfect sense to me.
After making an account I clicked on the 'would you like to get some friends?' link. It sent me to Amazon for the box set of Friends Season 1-10. I laughed hysterically for a while ...

...then I realised I was still lonely ...
pinkleponkle

They don't want people to choose free delivery, they want the £49 a year … They don't want people to choose free delivery, they want the £49 a year for Prime, or for you to pay for 1st class, next day delivery. So for the free delivery option they sit on their hands for a couple of days. Makes perfect sense to me.

doesn't really work because me and many others order from eBay to get the item next day.

they're losing customers
sbl786

doesn't really work because me and many others order from eBay to get the … doesn't really work because me and many others order from eBay to get the item next day.they're losing customers

Insignificant numbers, people would rather order and wait to get it from a trusted supplier than from ebay.
pinkleponkle

Insignificant numbers, people would rather order and wait to get it from … Insignificant numbers, people would rather order and wait to get it from a trusted supplier than from ebay.

when was the last time you bought something on ebay?

there are many many trusted sellers on ebay these days, ebay isn't just about mr and mrs jones selling their second hand crap anymore
Indeed, very often the same sellers on eBay also sell on amazon.
steveex

Parsnips for breakfast instead then?
sbl786

doesn't really work because me and many others order from eBay to get the … doesn't really work because me and many others order from eBay to get the item next day.they're losing customers

I've never received anything the next day from eBay, ever.
lol, that's the point of the free delivery it has a longer dispatch time hence the due delivery date, if its late then you can complain, otherwise you are given the due date before purchase and you accepted it.....

~cantread
agreed

bought something and took almost 2 weeks to get here!
sancho1983

I've never received anything the next day from eBay, ever.

maybe because you're buying things sent second class

I've received 100's of items next day bought on ebay
dataload

maybe because you're buying things sent second classI've received 100's … maybe because you're buying things sent second classI've received 100's of items next day bought on ebay

To be honest I buy most stuff from amazon as I now have prime. Although I got prime as I found ebay generally took ages
dataload

maybe because you're buying things sent second classI've received 100's … maybe because you're buying things sent second classI've received 100's of items next day bought on ebay

did you not need to spend extra though for 'next day delivery' the same as amazon?
no..

hundreds of sellers post things same day via 1st class, a lot of the time free postage and buy it now from 99p

you just need to know what you're doing and take a second to check the postage details

yesterday I bought 3 items on ebay, all free postage and they arrived today
dataload

yesterday I bought 3 items on ebay, all free postage and they arrived … yesterday I bought 3 items on ebay, all free postage and they arrived today

What were they?
Cliffs....

OP uses stolen credit card to order 9 self watering tomato plants with feed and a nest of tables...
Heres the real problem...

Victim of fraud is due back on Monday..
It will be harder to go through bins while victims kids are off school..
OP has to do community service at 9:30am on Monday...
Op's aunty from Belguim is coming over on the weekend so he has to act less like a thief..
He only has his mates 1.0L Vauxhall Nova till Sunday night

I feel for you bro...

deeky

What were they?

dried bloodworm, an alarm padlock and a 15000lph pump
magicbeans

agreedbought something and took almost 2 weeks to get here!

Was it OP's morals?
Edited by: "simplex" 16th Aug 2013
simplex

Was it OP's morals?

Booooom! Ha ha, genius!
its funny the lengths people will go to to defend amazon on this site....
simplex

Cliffs....OP uses stolen credit card to order 9 self watering tomato … Cliffs....OP uses stolen credit card to order 9 self watering tomato plants with feed and a nest of tables...Heres the real problem...Victim of fraud is due back on Monday..It will be harder to go through bins while victims kids are off school..OP has to do community service at 9:30am on Monday...Op's aunty from Belguim is coming over on the weekend so he has to act less like a thief..He only has his mates 1.0L Vauxhall Nova till Sunday nightI feel for you bro...

good evening

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants