Amazon to stop selling tickets

Found 21st Feb
When's the last time Amazon had to quit a particular market?
Community Updates
Misc
30 Comments
I didn't even know they did!

Ticketmaster has the stranglehold anyway, we'd need market regulation to stop them. The way events are priced and then marked up is appalling. Companies are buying tickets themselves and then selling them at marked up prices on resale sites they own controlling stakes in. It's a complete mess.
Edited by: "Krooner" 21st Feb
Guess it's quite a hard market to crack once it has dominate players, they can't sell the tickets for less than the price on them, therefore the only real difference in prices they could charge is the "booking fee" and any other assorted fees places charge, which are not a lot in comparison to the ticket price.

Personally i also didn't even know amazon sold tickets!
IMO we need non profit organisations to broker ticket sales and resales to remove the huge margins.

The big players, in terms of entertainers who are earning millions per year in tours, need to step in to divert the trade in tickets.

If I could give a small margin to a worthy charity or mutual organisation to handle the admin plus provide a charitable contribution I'd feel less ripped off.
Edited by: "davewave" 21st Feb
Original Poster
davewave2 m ago

IMO we need non profit organisations to broker ticket resales to remove …IMO we need non profit organisations to broker ticket resales to remove the huge margins.The big players, in terms of entertainers who are earning millions per year in tours, need to step in to divert the trade in tickets.If I could give a small margin to a worthy charity or mutual organisation to handle the admin plus provide a charitable contribution I'd feel less ripped off.

And the same goes for estate agents too?

The problem is that there's too few tickets and they're usually priced too low. The black market is a result of that.
davewave4 h, 48 m ago

IMO we need non profit organisations to broker ticket sales and resales to …IMO we need non profit organisations to broker ticket sales and resales to remove the huge margins.The big players, in terms of entertainers who are earning millions per year in tours, need to step in to divert the trade in tickets.If I could give a small margin to a worthy charity or mutual organisation to handle the admin plus provide a charitable contribution I'd feel less ripped off.

It's the performers and bands/agents who're doing it. The lions share of the fees are going back to them, because none of them want to be seen to be charging too much on the upfront ticket price. Ticketmaster, et al, provide a "fall guy" service for them, allowing them to charge more for tickets without any of the bad publicity. reddit.f

It won't change unless it's forced to. The; charging you to print your own ticket should be illegal.
Edited by: "Krooner" 21st Feb
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals13 m ago

And the same goes for estate agents too? The problem is that there's too …And the same goes for estate agents too? The problem is that there's too few tickets and they're usually priced too low. The black market is a result of that.

Did you get to see your much-anticipated Phil Collins concert? I recall you being quite excited about it before his unfortunate fall.

33303540-FZ0i5.jpg
fanpages10 m ago

@HotEnglishAndWelshDeals "When's the last time Amazon had to quit a …@HotEnglishAndWelshDeals "When's the last time Amazon had to quit a particular market?"November 2017:[ https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/11/06/amazon-fresh-pulls-the-plug-on-deliveries-in-some.html ]

and before that their local deals site to take on groupon, probably others as well

money.cnn.com/201…tml
Original Poster
Krooner2 h, 48 m ago

I didn't even know they did! Ticketmaster has the stranglehold anyway, …I didn't even know they did! Ticketmaster has the stranglehold anyway, we'd need market regulation to stop them. The way events are priced and then marked up is appalling. Companies are buying tickets themselves and then selling them at marked up prices on resale sites they own controlling stakes in. It's a complete mess.

The only way you'll see prices changing is if events don't sell out.

They're arguably undercharging customers if those tickets are then resold at a higher price.
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 21st Feb
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals21 m ago

...They're arguably undercharging customers of those tickets are then …...They're arguably undercharging customers of those tickets are then resold at a higher price.

Wut?
I was most pleased to discover that SeeTickets are eschewing the usual dodgy practices of their competitors and offering a more ethical fan to fan resale service. Managed to get tickets for a sold out gig at face value plus a couple of quid handling fee when the other resale sites were after 3x face value plus an additional 30+ % handling fee.
33306524-vMCMC.jpg
deeky3 m ago

No ticket required deeky
no wages for Doug
Wongy11050 s ago

No ticket required deekyno wages for Doug

Clear as mud wongy
deeky1 m ago

Clear as mud wongy

33306631-eyXzm.jpg
deeky4 m ago

Clear as mud wongy

33306652-4FrxA.jpg
33306652-1l7Ia.jpg
Ok, ok. I get it now. Really, I do

deeky6 m ago

Clear as mud wongy

33306668-kWFun.jpg

33306668-95ZPN.jpg
Wongy1103 m ago

[Image] [Image] [Image]

Is this an episode, and do you require a local intervention, Wongy?
deeky9 m ago

Ok, ok. I get it now. Really, I do

Really ? you have always had this thing about being old

me wonders ?
Wongy1101 m ago

Really ? you have always had this thing about being old me wonders ?

Occasionally
Wongy1103 m ago

Marvelous deekywhere do you fit it the hardness map …Marvelous deekywhere do you fit it the hardness map ?http://www.dwi.gov.uk/consumers/advice-leaflets/hardness_map.pdf

I beg your pardon?

Oh, that hardness. Soft 0-50.
deeky2 m ago

I beg your pardon? Oh, that hardness. Soft 0-50.

+300 here not a good thing 33306810-2xkXc.jpg
Wongy1101 m ago

+300 here not a good thing [Image]

Move over this side then, simples.
deeky18 m ago

Move over this side then, simples.

More a case of over the boader and a bit here
Edited by: "Wongy110" 21st Feb
Oh man. I was looking for a gif and ended up finding a gorey picture of a C section.

No more internet for me tonight.
MSK.6 m ago

Oh man. I was looking for a gif and ended up finding a gorey picture of a …Oh man. I was looking for a gif and ended up finding a gorey picture of a C section.No more internet for me tonight.

33306960-F1PRl.jpg
Wongy1104 m ago

[Image]

It blew more than sucking.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions