Amazon - Tracked postage ??

Amazon - Tracked postage ??

Hi,

Just going to order a Kindle from Amazon, If I go for the free postage, is the item tracked due to the value or any insurance on the postage ?

I dont like the idea of it just going via the normal post ?? I know that if it got lost etc, its upto Amazon to resolve, but ideally would like a tracking number etc..

(I could go for the next day service at a premium price, but the item is not due to be dispatched until the 7th of Dec anyway..

Thanks

Rick

7 Comments

if it's sent by amazon, which it will be, then it will be tracked fully....

Original Poster

bikerjodie

if it's sent by amazon, which it will be, then it will be tracked … if it's sent by amazon, which it will be, then it will be tracked fully....

Thanks for the confirmation. That makes me feel better with the xmas post etc.

Cheers

Rick

i'm waiting on a few parcels from amazon, all tracked. If it's a third party fulfilling the order, it is normally sent untracked, but if it wasn't to arrive, amazon pay out through their insurance!
Hope that makes you feel better about it, but this item will be sent via courier for sure

Original Poster

bikerjodie

i'm waiting on a few parcels from amazon, all tracked. If it's a third … i'm waiting on a few parcels from amazon, all tracked. If it's a third party fulfilling the order, it is normally sent untracked, but if it wasn't to arrive, amazon pay out through their insurance!Hope that makes you feel better about it, but this item will be sent via courier for sure

Thanks - Just ordered it now... expected delivery 7th Dec..

Just feel better about it being tracked,.

Rick

You're welcome, glad I helped

I ordered a laptop last week from amazon on the saturday night, via free delivery and it was delivered at 8am on the monday by city link - great service

We ordered Toy Story Woody from amazon and it was tracked too.....half way rouund the country to Leeds, Edinburgh, Humberside and Chelmsford before heading back to Amazon depot! I hope they don't use HDNL for your parcel!

Oh, we live in Cambridge!
Edited by: "cdm22" 30th Nov 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763963
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions