TITLE blightrers arrgh angry email sent

42 Comments

It will get you no were.

yup got the cancelled email

Original Poster Banned

Dellboy182;5990753

It will get you no were.

well it was a pre order guarantee @17.59

Told you. Sorry to sound negative but they do it all the time.

dj_urban;5990767

well it was a pre order guarantee @17.59

Go nuts :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Dellboy182;5990838

Go nuts :thumbsup:

trying to find the gt5 deal thread at 17.59 lol

If you feel that strongly about it, don't use Amazon again. It is a bit irritating that they often mis-price things and then don't honour them.

I'm not that bothered really, as there wasn't even a firm release date for it. The way things have been going with that game, I wouldn't be suprised if it surfaces in March 2010.

dj_urban;5990853

trying to find the gt5 deal thread at 17.59 lol

hotukdeals.com/ite…on/

yes got mine too - i expect there will be a lot more threads as of tonight!!! will email to complain but i know wont get anywhere - will try not to use them again unless the item is a real bargain highly unlikely though can normally get things cheaper elsewhere! worth a go anyway!!!

Original Poster Banned

juliesbargains;5991078

yes got mine too - i expect there will be a lot more threads as of … yes got mine too - i expect there will be a lot more threads as of tonight!!! will email to complain but i know wont get anywhere - will try not to use them again unless the item is a real bargain highly unlikely though can normally get things cheaper elsewhere! worth a go anyway!!!

il go to trading standard's / ombudsman route also, it was stated in there terms n condition's price guarantee @ quoted ordered price, they have to honour it

Original Poster Banned

was looking for this

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused in this regard.

I've checked your order, and the current Amazon.co.uk price for "Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)" is 37.96 GBP.

However, it was listed at 17.59 GBP when you placed. Because this item is eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, when the item is released and dispatched, you will pay either 17.59 GBP or, if the price decreases between now and up to and including the release date, the lowest price over that period.

If the Amazon.co.uk price should increase between now and up to and including the release date, you will still be charged 17.59 GBP.

The actual price you are charged will be displayed in the confirmation of dispatch e-mail you receive, as well as in Your Account.

If your order enters the dispatch process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between dispatch and release date.

I hope I have been able to address your concerns.

just got mine too

dj_urban;5991179

was looking for this Dear Customer,Thank you for contacting … was looking for this Dear Customer,Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.I'm sorry for any confusion caused in this regard.I've checked your order, and the current Amazon.co.uk price for "Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)" is 37.96 GBP.However, it was listed at 17.59 GBP when you placed. Because this item is eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, when the item is released and dispatched, you will pay either 17.59 GBP or, if the price decreases between now and up to and including the release date, the lowest price over that period.If the Amazon.co.uk price should increase between now and up to and including the release date, you will still be charged 17.59 GBP.The actual price you are charged will be displayed in the confirmation of dispatch e-mail you receive, as well as in Your Account.If your order enters the dispatch process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between dispatch and release date.I hope I have been able to address your concerns.

that makes it sounds like theyre honouring it

Just received the 'GT5 mis-price' e-mail too.

So what do we do? The original deal thread references umpteen past mis-price offers including Sony LCD TV's, etc that retailers honoured.

I'm sure all UK retailers, whether online or on-highstreet have to adhere to the standards outlined in the consumer protection act. The shop I work at has a legal obligation to sell goods at the advertised price, otherwise we are misleading customers and are in breach of the CPA. If we've mis-priced something, we either have to honour the price and/or withdraw the item from sale with immediate effect (for at least 24hrs). It appears that Amazon have done neither of these things.

Show of hands, how many of us HUKD users ordered GT5 at £17.59? What if we all swamp Amazon's customer service line with cries of foul play? How long before they back down and honour their deal?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Legally you don't have a leg to stand on, as their 'offer' to sell you the goods was just that, an offer. It's not a legal contract until they say so.

Of course morally it's a different story, and they should really honour the misprice.
I got something from Amazon just last week when they mispriced a Roary racing thing down to £14.99 which should be £50, and they honoured that.

Handsome_Tom;5991195

Just received the 'GT5 mis-price' e-mail too.So what do we do? The … Just received the 'GT5 mis-price' e-mail too.So what do we do? The original deal thread references umpteen past mis-price offers including Sony LCD TV's, etc that retailers honoured. I'm sure all UK retailers, whether online or on-highstreet have to adhere to the standards outlined in the consumer protection act. The shop I work at has a legal obligation to sell goods at the advertised price, otherwise we are misleading customers and are in breach of the CPA. If we've mis-priced something, we either have to honour the price and/or withdraw the item from sale with immediate effect (for at least 24hrs). It appears that Amazon have done neither of these things.Show of hands, how many of us HUKD users ordered GT5 at £17.59? What if we all swamp Amazon's customer service line with cries of foul play? How long before they back down and honour their deal?POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

read the t&c's then dealing with price mistakes...your find that they are fully within their rights. when dealing with a shop directly in person its a different matter im afraid...no distance selling regs either...

Original Poster Banned

awoodhall2003;5991192

that makes it sounds like theyre honouring it

totally

dj_urban;5991241

totally

thats a little strange...

Original Poster Banned

awoodhall2003;5991254

thats a little strange...

lol:whistling:

Babbabooey;5991227

Legally you don't have a leg to stand on, as their 'offer' to sell you … Legally you don't have a leg to stand on, as their 'offer' to sell you the goods was just that, an offer. It's not a legal contract until they say so.Of course morally it's a different story, and they should really honour the misprice.I got something from Amazon just last week when they mispriced a Roary racing thing down to £14.99 which should be £50, and they honoured that.

+1.

When it comes to games and consoles they just don't honour as they know they will sell in masses eventually.

Adam2050;5991263

+1.When it comes to games and consoles they just don't honour as they … +1.When it comes to games and consoles they just don't honour as they know they will sell in masses eventually.

especially with a hot game like this, plus if they honoured this price then every single pre order due to their guarentee they would have to sell at this price surely!

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;5991263

+1.When it comes to games and consoles they just don't honour as they … +1.When it comes to games and consoles they just don't honour as they know they will sell in masses eventually.

i ordered torchwood blu ray £12 was mis price meant to be £33 they honoured it

dj_urban;5991327

i ordered torchwood blu ray £12 was mis price meant to be £33 they h … i ordered torchwood blu ray £12 was mis price meant to be £33 they honoured it

i ordered starship troopers trilogy blurays from cd wow at £4.49 and they cancelled, refunded, sent me £5 voucher to say sorry, then dispatched it free of charge...when its meant to cost around £15 now

Original Poster Banned

AMAZON'S REPLY

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk to bring this to our attention.

We apologise for the technical error that caused your order total to be calculated incorrectly. Upon investigating your order, I found that it did qualify for the promotional discounts you mentioned.

We will be glad to issue a refund of these additional charges. To ensure that we refund the appropriate amount, we ask that you wait until the entire order has been dispatched.

When you have received our e-mail confirming that your order has been dispatched, please contact us again with the cost summary from your original order confirmation e-mail so we can request the appropriate refund to your payment card for the excess amount you were erroneously charged. Please use the following link to contact us:

cheers urban just emailed them myself...still not sure what that means though! lol!

Original Poster Banned

awoodhall2003;5991486

cheers urban just emailed them myself...still not sure what that means … cheers urban just emailed them myself...still not sure what that means though! lol!

no problem :thumbsup: slightly cryptic, it was a promotion , @ £17.59 pre order lol

hang on re read that email they sent, so if i reorder 2 copys again they will refund the diffrence from my original order?

dj_urban;5991502

no problem :thumbsup: slightly cryptic, it was a promotion , @ £17.59 … no problem :thumbsup: slightly cryptic, it was a promotion , @ £17.59 pre order lol

yeah lol! rep left.

wayy too many orders were placed for them to be able to give out this one

Original Poster Banned

hope post #25 helps others

mine cancelled too

Original Poster Banned

re-ordered 2 copys again, see post #25 , should get refund of diffrence when order is dispatched

Its gotta be worth enquiring as they have honored misprices before, they probably hope most people dont bother

What address do we email them at and what do we say? I thought if they cancelled it then we'd have no chance of getting the game for that price :-(

dj_urban;5991687

re-ordered 2 copys again, see post #25 , should get refund of diffrence … re-ordered 2 copys again, see post #25 , should get refund of diffrence when order is dispatched

Are you sure they're not referring to the fact the game was £37.XX (can't remember the exact amount) when we all ordered (forgetting the temporary misprice of course) so are just saying you can have it at that price instead of paying the £39.99 it is now.

dj_urban;5991687

re-ordered 2 copys again, see post #25 , should get refund of diffrence … re-ordered 2 copys again, see post #25 , should get refund of diffrence when order is dispatched

Good luck with that one

Member from PS forums posted this:Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk … Member from PS forums posted this:Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.Please be rest assure that we will not cancel your order ******************************* and dispatch it once the item is available from our suppliers.I have checked your order and can see that this item "Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)" is on pre-order and will not be released yet.As soon as we are informed of the release date, we will update the website accordingly.Also, we don’t debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. Your payment card is charged approximately 24 hours after the items in your order have entered the dispatch process.We will receive this item from our suppliers in time for the release date.On the date of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.Please contact us (by visiting the following link) if you have any further query and we will investigate:I hope that this answers your question. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:If yes, click here:If not, click here:Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website.Warmest regards

I found these two posts in the huge GT5 thread

Original Poster Banned

Civic EG6;5992088

I found these two posts in the huge GT5 thread

i got same email

what did you say to them in your original email dj_urban?

Just to let you know, this is what they said to me:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

I regret that the pricing error occurred and we are sorry that you are disappointed with our decision to cancel your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx for the item "Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)".

Please know that this was in no way intentional.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy ( see amazon.co.uk/gp/…614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Despite our best efforts, due to the extensive nature of our catalogue, pricing errors can occasionally occur. We endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible customer experience and we realise that on this occasion, as a result of a pricing error, we have not met that standard.

If you still wish to have this item, you will need to pre order the item again at the correct price (£39.99).

We hope this e-mail answers your concerns and that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:
amazon.co.uk/rsv…306
If not, click here:
amazon.co.uk/rsv…kff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website.

Warmest regards

Naveen Kanukuntla
Amazon.co.uk
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

was looking forward to getting it at £17.59.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1011
    2. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1420
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523407
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846071

See more discussions