Amazon Warehouse

Posted 25th Jun
Hi,

Has anyone ever ordered for Amazon warehouse and what was your experience?

I have found an item which is £40 off retail because of "large scratches" and is listed as acceptable. Do they play their description safe or is it usually accurate and I could find the item looks in bad shape? It's still over £100 so wouldn't want to part with the cash if I was likely going to get some beaten up item.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
It’s a gamble as always. Bought an “acceptable” tv before that supposedly had cracks in it and it arrived brand new with a damaged box. Depends whether you can take a risk or not tbh
Edited by: "-Will-" 25th Jun
If it says its scratched it will be.

I tend to go for "Used like new - Damaged box".

Everything I have ordered so far is new, sealed with no visible signs of a damaged box.

Admittedly the discount will not be as good as an item with Used with "large scratches".

Don't forget if you are not happy with the condition you can return it to Amazon for a full refund.
Edited by: "TheBiker" 25th Jun
I have ordered a few items from there and, its hit and miss.

Bought a Flight stick from there that was £50 cheaper and the box was a bit battered but the stick was new.

Order a Keyboard and Mouse (Corsair) and I swear they have been used for about 3 years, there were worn and battered so sent back.

Then I order a Blue Snowball for £32, Mint in Box.

End the day, you can just send it back if it isnt much cop.
Quite a few. Every single thing I have purchased have been excellent. 'scratches' were non existent to my eyes. However they were described as small scratches. I'm only speaking from my experience but I have never been disappointed with the quality.
They are probably describing the box it comes in.

I buy a lot of products from Amazon Warehouse, always choose the cheapest regardless of condition, and nine times out of ten get an immaculate item. It's free returns if the item isn't what you expected. The warranty is always a minimum of 12 months, but on tools I purchase I've always been able to register the extended 3 year warranty (the amazon invoice does not mention it's "used").
I have. I bought a Used- Very Good Condition PSVR. They threw in some ear wax lodged in the headphones
Thanks for the comments all. Mixed experience but generally looks good. With electrical, do they reset to factory setting?
Used a few times, tend to go for damaged box if I do with the exception of a camera where it said it had a scratch on the front (could not find it) and all the others have been perfect and some sealed
That all sounds good! Might just gamble it and see what I get through. Knowing my luck it'll look like it fell out of a plane but we'll see
Bought Acceptable things that turned up brand new.
Ordered some shorts that said Like New, they arrived inside the plastic bag like they were new but the shorts were covered in mould.

Unless there's pictures, it's a complete gamble.
Just got a motherboard listed as acceptable - 1" marks on front/back apparently, came factory sealed with a hole on the top of the box - £30 cheaper too! The "new" listed graphics card came with a more battered box!
I've ordered loads. I have a fancy leather briefcase (used as a laptop bag) that was Used - Acceptable but gave no indication what was up with it - turned out the zipper at the back of the case doesn't catch properly. Gave it a tweak with pliers and it now behaves.

Their gradings can often be way off - if you're prepared to take the risk and don't mind the hassle of sending it back (I've had a fair few heartbreakers I've looked forward to and they've been a disaster), you should go for it. I joke to boyf it's the closest I get to gambling!

Received Pioneer over ear headphones today (Used - Good) that looked great out the box, but only the R side was working! All that was mentioned was "cosmetic imperfections" - that was a bit disappointing.

Wearing Rieker sandals today that were £7 odd (Used - Very Good "missing tags and packaging") - those turned up in a Rieker box and looked new. Arrived last week.

Koolaburra by UGG boots that were Used - Good and looked brand new and unopened (reviews gave the impression sizing was huge, I went a size down and they were a bit tight).

Most notable one in recent times was a Whirlpool Combi Oven With Steam function that was Used - Acceptable (big-ticket or electrical items/electronics are a bit more nail-biting, because you expect the worst). Supposedly scratches all over but it looked new. Had an EU plug but I expected that from looking for English instructions for that model. Sister was thrilled but then discovered the glass plate was missing (there was an empty template for it in the styrofoam packaging), so that was a bit of a pain.

Had great luck with watches, most state they have scratches but nearly all have been fantastic and looked new. Had one DOA though. Bad luck with in-ear headphones, had a few with ear wax, worn branding and in generally gruesome condition (one notable purchase was PowerBeats2 that were "Like New"!!! WTF!).

A real WTF buy (in a good way) was the Wireless Cherry Keyboard and Mouse (US layout) purchased for a princely one pence (sent to my brother - boyf had the same combo already and paid around a fiver, he was a bit miffed).

At one point Warehouse had a glut of bongos (!), bras and loo seats but not seen as many in recent months (I'm sure there's a smutty pun I could make from that, but I'm getting tired).

I often joke that Amazon Warehouse is where electronics go to die, and they do seem to have a lot of EU electrical items as well!

Oh yes, and be aware that the "switcheroo" (usually returning a broken, counterfeit or lower-priced item so the original purchaser can keep the higher-priced, genuine or working item) happens sometimes. Seems to occur a lot with PC parts (especially graphics cards) and memory cards - going by chatter I've seen.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 26th Jun
Always use it when it’s offered, never failed. Ever. Saved myself anything from £2 to £150.
spruceyb25/06/2020 12:06

Bought Acceptable things that turned up brand new.Ordered some shorts that …Bought Acceptable things that turned up brand new.Ordered some shorts that said Like New, they arrived inside the plastic bag like they were new but the shorts were covered in mould.Unless there's pictures, it's a complete gamble.

I used to find pictures quite frequently it’s probably been like 2 years since I stumbled on one though! Do they still do that?
Nat_urally26/06/2020 00:24

I used to find pictures quite frequently it’s probably been like 2 years s …I used to find pictures quite frequently it’s probably been like 2 years since I stumbled on one though! Do they still do that?

They started showing pictures for some random AW mobile phones but never seen pictures in any other Amazon Warehouse listing. Given the attention they pay to grading (ie, pretty much zero), it's probably too much effort.
louiselouise26/06/2020 00:28

They started showing pictures for some random AW mobile phones but never …They started showing pictures for some random AW mobile phones but never seen pictures in any other Amazon Warehouse listing. Given the attention they pay to grading (ie, pretty much zero), it's probably too much effort.

It used to be for quite frequent for random items - then just kinda stopped! It’s shame, it was nice to see the actual profit you’d be getting and judge any Cosmetic damage yourself!
But yes you’re probably right - too much work!
Nat_urally26/06/2020 00:33

It used to be for quite frequent for random items - then just kinda …It used to be for quite frequent for random items - then just kinda stopped! It’s shame, it was nice to see the actual profit you’d be getting and judge any Cosmetic damage yourself!But yes you’re probably right - too much work!

The two AW mobile phones I've flipped made me a profit of about £15 each so it was hardly big bucks. Crazy bargains seem thinner on the ground these days but still some great stuff to be had.

Mobile phones (if you plan on keeping your purchase) are a bit hit and miss as well, though I must admit I've not purchased that many.

The Mate 20X I'm using (thanks to the lovely MrSwitch mentioning it on a thread last year) was in fantastic condition, though boyf got an O2 Refresh P20 Pro for less than half what I paid from Warehouse, but, c'est la vie.

Had two Italian Lenovo K6 Note phones (one came with the sticker "Data Wiped") which both failed after a few months. One had a Lenovo warranty that run out nearly two years before (iirc), so some of their phone inventory must be quite long in the tooth.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 26th Jun
Cheers all for your comments, sounds like there is a good.mix of experiences but I am looking forward to when my item arrives to see what I get. Ordered an Nvidia Shield TV stick. £110 delivered as opposed to the £148 brand new so consider that a steal considering the good piece of kit it is....just will see what I end up with now
anyone use forklift? requires a paid monthly sub
louiselouise25/06/2020 22:13

I've ordered loads. I have a fancy leather briefcase (used as a laptop …I've ordered loads. I have a fancy leather briefcase (used as a laptop bag) that was Used - Acceptable but gave no indication what was up with it - turned out the zipper at the back of the case doesn't catch properly. Gave it a tweak with pliers and it now behaves.Their gradings can often be way off - if you're prepared to take the risk and don't mind the hassle of sending it back (I've had a fair few heartbreakers I've looked forward to and they've been a disaster), you should go for it. I joke to boyf it's the closest I get to gambling! Received Pioneer over ear headphones today (Used - Good) that looked great out the box, but only the R side was working! All that was mentioned was "cosmetic imperfections" - that was a bit disappointing.Wearing Rieker sandals today that were £7 odd (Used - Very Good "missing tags and packaging") - those turned up in a Rieker box and looked new. Arrived last week.Koolaburra by UGG boots that were Used - Good and looked brand new and unopened (reviews gave the impression sizing was huge, I went a size down and they were a bit tight).Most notable one in recent times was a Whirlpool Combi Oven With Steam function that was Used - Acceptable (big-ticket or electrical items/electronics are a bit more nail-biting, because you expect the worst). Supposedly scratches all over but it looked new. Had an EU plug but I expected that from looking for English instructions for that model. Sister was thrilled but then discovered the glass plate was missing (there was an empty template for it in the styrofoam packaging), so that was a bit of a pain.Had great luck with watches, most state they have scratches but nearly all have been fantastic and looked new. Had one DOA though. Bad luck with in-ear headphones, had a few with ear wax, worn branding and in generally gruesome condition (one notable purchase was PowerBeats2 that were "Like New"!!! WTF!).A real WTF buy (in a good way) was the Wireless Cherry Keyboard and Mouse (US layout) purchased for a princely one pence (sent to my brother - boyf had the same combo already and paid around a fiver, he was a bit miffed).At one point Warehouse had a glut of bongos (!), bras and loo seats but not seen as many in recent months (I'm sure there's a smutty pun I could make from that, but I'm getting tired).I often joke that Amazon Warehouse is where electronics go to die, and they do seem to have a lot of EU electrical items as well!Oh yes, and be aware that the "switcheroo" (usually returning a broken, counterfeit or lower-priced item so the original purchaser can keep the higher-priced, genuine or working item) happens sometimes. Seems to occur a lot with PC parts (especially graphics cards) and memory cards - going by chatter I've seen.

So, I'll reply to you because you gave an epic response, but just thought I'd give an update. The item arrive, acceptable!? ACCEPTABLE!!? I wouldn't have returned it if it was brand new! The mark....what mark!? Apparently a bigger that 1" scratch, significant cosmetic damage. There is a 3/4" faint mark. The rest is perfect. The plug still has its plastic cover on, manual sealed and leads all wrapped. RESULT!
mjunder27/06/2020 14:03

So, I'll reply to you because you gave an epic response, but just thought …So, I'll reply to you because you gave an epic response, but just thought I'd give an update. The item arrive, acceptable!? ACCEPTABLE!!? I wouldn't have returned it if it was brand new! The mark....what mark!? Apparently a bigger that 1" scratch, significant cosmetic damage. There is a 3/4" faint mark. The rest is perfect. The plug still has its plastic cover on, manual sealed and leads all wrapped. RESULT!

Thanks for the compliment and pleased to hear an Acceptable has worked out so well!
louiselouise25/06/2020 22:13

I've ordered loads. I have a fancy leather briefcase (used as a laptop …I've ordered loads. I have a fancy leather briefcase (used as a laptop bag) that was Used - Acceptable but gave no indication what was up with it - turned out the zipper at the back of the case doesn't catch properly. Gave it a tweak with pliers and it now behaves.Their gradings can often be way off - if you're prepared to take the risk and don't mind the hassle of sending it back (I've had a fair few heartbreakers I've looked forward to and they've been a disaster), you should go for it. I joke to boyf it's the closest I get to gambling! Received Pioneer over ear headphones today (Used - Good) that looked great out the box, but only the R side was working! All that was mentioned was "cosmetic imperfections" - that was a bit disappointing.Wearing Rieker sandals today that were £7 odd (Used - Very Good "missing tags and packaging") - those turned up in a Rieker box and looked new. Arrived last week.Koolaburra by UGG boots that were Used - Good and looked brand new and unopened (reviews gave the impression sizing was huge, I went a size down and they were a bit tight).Most notable one in recent times was a Whirlpool Combi Oven With Steam function that was Used - Acceptable (big-ticket or electrical items/electronics are a bit more nail-biting, because you expect the worst). Supposedly scratches all over but it looked new. Had an EU plug but I expected that from looking for English instructions for that model. Sister was thrilled but then discovered the glass plate was missing (there was an empty template for it in the styrofoam packaging), so that was a bit of a pain.Had great luck with watches, most state they have scratches but nearly all have been fantastic and looked new. Had one DOA though. Bad luck with in-ear headphones, had a few with ear wax, worn branding and in generally gruesome condition (one notable purchase was PowerBeats2 that were "Like New"!!! WTF!).A real WTF buy (in a good way) was the Wireless Cherry Keyboard and Mouse (US layout) purchased for a princely one pence (sent to my brother - boyf had the same combo already and paid around a fiver, he was a bit miffed).At one point Warehouse had a glut of bongos (!), bras and loo seats but not seen as many in recent months (I'm sure there's a smutty pun I could make from that, but I'm getting tired).I often joke that Amazon Warehouse is where electronics go to die, and they do seem to have a lot of EU electrical items as well!Oh yes, and be aware that the "switcheroo" (usually returning a broken, counterfeit or lower-priced item so the original purchaser can keep the higher-priced, genuine or working item) happens sometimes. Seems to occur a lot with PC parts (especially graphics cards) and memory cards - going by chatter I've seen.

I wish they'd say where on the watch case the scratch is! Crazy they don't as the face and back make a massive difference.
I have two items: my nintendo switch and my macbook air.
Both were “Used-very good”. The mac came with the box a bit damaged but the computer came NEW. I keep looking for the mark. It was a +1300 pounds computer and i got it for £700. But the switch was another level. I got the nintendo switch (the normal, not the lite version) for £180! And ok, the saving is not as big as the computer, but this was NEW. If I put that box in a shop as new you would believe it.
These are my experiences. I know that it can be a miss sometime but since amazon allows you to return, I would take the risk
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants