Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon warehouse deals descriptions

Posted 27th Nov
I've bought about 20 odd items from there and for phones/consoles always go for Like New (packaging damaged) and this gets me a brand new item but box damage only in all cases.

I've seen a few like Very Good (Item may have minor damage on top of item etc). Those who have ordered such items, what do you normally receive? I guess Very Good will always be something that's been used/tested but then returned promptly?

It's often passed around that an item described as Acceptable turns out to be new or vice versa, but helps to know what everyone is getting.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
Never had a problem with like new items, consoles have always been exactly that ie new and sealed but with a tear to the box / packaging.

I once ordered fragile retro furniture from the Germany warehouse that we couldn’t find anywhere else - advertised in good condition. They sent us what appeared to be a brand new item. Also ordered curtains and bedding in ‘very good condition’ basically taking a gamble for the price also to have brand new stock sent to us.
Every category is lucky dip. I've had 'as new' items which were broken or a completely different model. I've had 'good' which were brand new.
Rune_2H27/11/2019 18:51

Comment deleted

I've made loads of returns for mis-described items over the last few years. I can only think that either I've been very lucky, or the ones who have had their accounts closed must be proper mickey-takers.
Edited by: "deeky" 27th Nov
A few days ago I bought a chromebook which was listed as “used acceptable”. I was expecting the worst but I didn’t have a mark on it. On the other hand, on the same day I bought a table which was “like new” and it came with a large chunk out of a corner???? Like most will say it’s hit and miss but you can always return it, or negotiate with amazon for a discount.
we've had totally unchecked, buttons caved in, non working Ring inflator (the upper end of the range) sod as "like new" ...clearly not even looked at, ..refund & a tenner on top.

I do scrutinise the blurb on sellers lists & thats the first thing I pin down as reason to return (on the phone) ..asking the CS to send it up the line for adjustment, that always fits a "mis-described" or not fit for purpose type agorithm of acceptibility.
However the wife bought some right crud which is going back, it weighs 22kg ....half price on ebay (still crud) so amazon deal at £200 can simply go whistle on the "cheaper elsewhere" option. ..they are charging us £6.00 for that so I hope she bought it through paypal
As almost everyone else says it really is a lucky dip.

I had a phone which was stated as very good with a couple of scratches on the back. Couldn't see any scratches at all and to me was perfect condition.

Had a cordless mower that was also stated as very good which was knackered and i had a job returning it. In the end after i left a snotty review of their customer service they refunded me and told me to keep the mower. After they told me this i took it apart to find the motor was knackered so their qc was completely lacking there.
Mr_Gus27/11/2019 19:30

we've had totally unchecked, buttons caved in, non working Ring inflator

m1keyp1key27/11/2019 19:40

After they told me this i took it apart to find the motor was knackered so …After they told me this i took it apart to find the motor was knackered so their qc was completely lacking there.

There's no quality control. I sent a transformer back as it was a different model from the one advertised. A couple of weeks later they advertised another one, so I bought it again. Yep, you guessed it...
Rune_2H27/11/2019 19:44

Comment deleted

The phone defintely looked untouched as it hadn't even had any updates done to it. I had around 8 updates to do
I tend to only go for like new or very good, even then you get a bad egg every now and then. However I still think Amazon Warehouse provide the better quality items out of all other sellers of used/refurbished items.
Rune_2H27/11/2019 20:15

Comment deleted

Black Friday will be the best day to use promo credit, when they have the flash sales.

I grabbed loads using promo credit on Prime day, 99p PlayStation Classic Mini, £4.99 4K Fire stick, £20 Pre order on Pokemon Sword etc.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 27th Nov
deals6927/11/2019 20:17

My promo works on warehouse

Only gift card balance works on warehouse items.
JohnnyRoller27/11/2019 20:18

Only gift card balance works on warehouse items.

I used promo when buying my airpods from amazon warehouse
deals6927/11/2019 20:19

I used promo when buying my airpods from amazon warehouse

I can tell you with absolute certainty that you didn’t. You either had gift card balance given to you, or you’re talking about the 20% off promotion...
JohnnyRoller27/11/2019 20:19

I can tell you with absolute certainty that you didn’t. You either had g …I can tell you with absolute certainty that you didn’t. You either had gift card balance given to you, or you’re talking about the 20% off promotion...

39146897-DGJnS.jpgDo the math, £5 left over which was promotional.
Rune_2H27/11/2019 21:21

Comment deleted

I can assure you I used that promo. I went in chat I asked for a discount. They gave promo I checked it on a different item I ordered and got a lower price
deals6927/11/2019 21:23

I can assure you I used that promo. I went in chat I asked for a discount. …I can assure you I used that promo. I went in chat I asked for a discount. They gave promo I checked it on a different item I ordered and got a lower price

There’s no convincing you mate, however like I said before... you simply can’t use promo credit on warehouse items. It’s as simple as that
deals6927/11/2019 21:18

[Image] Do the math, £5 left over which was promotional.

20% of £147.86 = £29.57

Strangely enough £147.86 - £29.57 = £118.29
Totally random but no matter the condition it's always worth contacting CS for a bit of bartering. 20% seems pretty standard.
Managed to snag a new monitor for £208 which is £360 new. Was used very good with 20% off and when it arrived the monitor was pristine and doesn't look like it's ever been setup. The warranty with Asus was also never registered.

Had other items which were used like new turn up with missing parts so it really is a gamble.
Edited by: "emodan" 28th Nov
Rune_2H28/11/2019 09:25

Comment deleted

The monitor was described as "Used - Very Good
Accessories may have cosmetic damage. Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. Item will come repackaged."

The HDMI cable was opened but nothing else seems to have been touched. Even if opened thats a good price for a switch. Wish my wife hadn't decided she had to have the pokemon edition of the new lite could have saved a few quid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants