Amazon Warehouse "good"??

Found 29th Mar 2017
I want to buy an ORB speaker from Amazon and it's listed as "Good", with the following tag
"Item in original packaging. Packaging will have cosmetic damage. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy."

Does this mean the item will be in really good condition, but the boxed is messed up? The reason I ask is because there is another version of the same item, at a higher price, described as good;
The item may come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the front of theitem. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

Why the difference in discription, and why is one cheaper than the other.

9 Comments

Should be fine just buy it . I find these descriptions all the time some have minor damage some box damage.
Edited by: "waterloo" 29th Mar 2017

Original Poster

Thanks @Waterloo, youve tempted me.

I was just wondering why both are listed as "good", but one reads as if it should be "as new" while other sounds really bad with damage.

There are two available with differing issues - I buy warehouse deals a lot with varying descriptions and have only had one real problem which was a broken item.

yes

BigTimeDealer

Thanks @Waterloo, youve tempted me.I was just wondering why both are … Thanks @Waterloo, youve tempted me.I was just wondering why both are listed as "good", but one reads as if it should be "as new" while other sounds really bad with damage.

None are really bad it's just to cover themselves you should have no problem fingers crossed.

I've found they don't even pick the correct used condition, it's just the one at the front of the shelf.

I buy quite a bit from warehouse, nearly always get the item in perfect condition. Otherwise they always offer a very good discount.

BigTimeDealer

Thanks @Waterloo, youve tempted me.I was just wondering why both are … Thanks @Waterloo, youve tempted me.I was just wondering why both are listed as "good", but one reads as if it should be "as new" while other sounds really bad with damage.

Just thought I'd chime in as I buy from amazon warehouse deals ALOT, Too much in fact lol.. majority of the time the items haven't even been opened or unwrapped.. there will be a dint in the outer box or a rip in the film that seals the box.. I recently bought a big silver and black touch lamp reduced from £24.99 to £2.73! It said used- like new. When it arrived it was brand new all wrapped up, never even taken out the box.. just a small dent in the box.. if there is any damage to an item it will list it, saying something along the lines of 1 small crease in the front cover, 1 fold on a page (if buying a book) etc etc.. I absolutely recommend using Amazon deals

Only ordered 2 things:

Wireless camera - was perfect
Galaxy S7 - had a chip in the screen so sent back.

themorgatron

I've found they don't even pick the correct used condition, it's just the … I've found they don't even pick the correct used condition, it's just the one at the front of the shelf. I buy quite a bit from warehouse, nearly always get the item in perfect condition. Otherwise they always offer a very good discount.

i think the same, 99+% are just unwanted returns for one reason or another, never normally have any damage what so ever, and whatever you can return for free, nothing to lose really.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions