Amazon warehouse product described as 'like new'

So as the title suggests, I've received a smartphone from one of the Amazon warehouse deals and it's literally a brand new phone that I've checked online and hasn't even been activated. Completely sealed unit. Any idea why Amazon are classing this as a warehouse deal? It's got the warehouse sticker on it.

Thanks!

17 Comments

Open box return probably, ie someone has opened the box, decided they don't like it and returned it.

Amazon probably aren't allowed to list it as new anymore

It could be customer unwanted returned item or classed as slightly damaged packaging.

Original Poster

Cakeboy79

Open box return probably, ie someone has opened the box, decided they … Open box return probably, ie someone has opened the box, decided they don't like it and returned it. Amazon probably aren't allowed to list it as new anymore

Ah ok, so Amazon themselves resealed it? They've done a good job if so!

cossy3

Ah ok, so Amazon themselves resealed it? They've done a good job if so!

Potentially not, but I believe if it's left the warehouse and been "delivered" and returned - even if the customer never opened it, it's still technically 2nd hand

Original Poster

xflem

Potentially not, but I believe if it's left the warehouse and been … Potentially not, but I believe if it's left the warehouse and been "delivered" and returned - even if the customer never opened it, it's still technically 2nd hand

Christ, that is some high standards. Box is perfect, can't see anything wrong with it

I had the same with a pioneer subwoofer from Amazon, 1/3 of the price because outer box was tatty. Never opened. Go there first when looking for goods now.

I've had brand new stuff through warehouse deals, which I think were discontinued!

cossy3

Christ, that is some high standards. Box is perfect, can't see anything … Christ, that is some high standards. Box is perfect, can't see anything wrong with it

It isn't high standards as such, it's a matter of legislation. I sell on Amazon but if they send out and I get a return, by virtue of the items I sell, I cannot resell a return (no matter how perfect) as new, it has to be sold as new/other or such.

It'll have a slightly damaged box or will have been opened. Not uncommon to see this, though they're not always unused.

Banned

I bought 4 Minecraft toys and a tee shirt for my daughter for Christmas and they were all Amazon warehouse deals,listed like new or damaged packaging and I could only find something wrong with one and that was a scrape on the card part of the packaging, I spent about £6 on around £30 worth of stuff.

Edited by: "Holly1985" 20th Feb

They have to be extra generous/careful with their descriptions because if anyone doesn't like it, they can return it for free.

Original Poster

Muir

They have to be extra generous/careful with their descriptions because if … They have to be extra generous/careful with their descriptions because if anyone doesn't like it, they can return it for free.

I've never paid to return something to Amazon. Return loads of items every year.

In my experience anything listed as very good or like new normally coming not used in damaged original packaging

Got optima hd141x for £280 absolutely new

bestec2

In my experience anything listed as very good or like new normally coming … In my experience anything listed as very good or like new normally coming not used in damaged original packaging

Usually the case for me too, though I did buy a Polar watch listed as such that had definitely been used.

I picked up a £120 Vax for £32 and it's like they listed damage it didn't have. Completely spotless just no original box?

Nuts.

i got 2 xbox one last year
one was described - used acceptable
other was used - very good.

both came brand new, the acceptable one was not in original packaging. but when i only paid £36 and £39 cant exactly moan.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
    3. One thing you've forgotten68
    4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions