EXPIRED

Amazon warning

Delete , apparently it's irrelevant

7 Comments

Original Poster

Also i consider this as important , why didnt Amazon call me , my card could of been used dozens of times by now , not everyone checks emails and like me may of ignored this one thinking its a phising email.

Its just lucky my card was no longer in use. i dont feel safe using cards anywhere anymore , sick of feeling like this , as not to long ago i was told if i used a certain supermarket i had to cancel all my cards because card fraud had been going on instore with people copying peoples card from the chip and pin!

I went all through the hassle of cancelling everything then , and now looks like ill have to do it again just to be on safe side ,how many times do banks let you cancel card and they reissue them?? i mean i have no transactions that are not mine , so im just cancelling to be on safe side...is that ok to do?

From wot i can tell everything is mine , but i have shopped like a nutter in the last few months , so been tons of ones to look through.... im quite bad at keep shopping online , i never keep track off most things ,but having a glance at everything and all seems ok

I dont usually check transaction history cause i cringe at how much ive spent in the last few months , but about time i stopped and took more care and look at my transaction history more often.

Why don't you just call amazon and confirm that it's legitimate? Make sure you take the number from the website tho and not what's on the e-mail........

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5742894

How is this an amazon warning? It's irrelevant to us as it's specifically … How is this an amazon warning? It's irrelevant to us as it's specifically about your card.

Hence why its in the misc section , not a hotdeal , maybe i should of done the title different but never mind :whistling:

But i agree its not irrelevant to anyone but me , hence ill delete

I guess this site is not for asking help or advice

Original Poster

civms47;5742909

Why don't you just call amazon and confirm that it's legitimate? Make … Why don't you just call amazon and confirm that it's legitimate? Make sure you take the number from the website tho and not what's on the e-mail........

Yup im going to do this , no reference number or anything on email but im sure they must have it logged. :thumbsup: thanks for your feedback

dcx_badass;5742894

How is this an amazon warning? It's irrelevant to us as it's specifically … How is this an amazon warning? It's irrelevant to us as it's specifically about your card.

If posting irrelevant items in Misc is a crime, Misc would be an empty place :whistling:

I think Andy's post is a useful one as its a reminder that not all such emails are scams although its still possible this one is (can't find it on Hoaxslayer though)

Original Poster

gari189;5742931

If posting irrelevant items in Misc is a crime, Misc would be an empty … If posting irrelevant items in Misc is a crime, Misc would be an empty place :whistling:I think Andy's post is a useful one as its a reminder that not all such emails are scams although its still possible this one is (can't find it on Hoaxslayer though)

Not i dont get easily fooled , seems deffo real to me , as it has my last 4 card details on it plus not asking me to clink links , thanks for checking to see if it was a hoax though

Its what i wanted to do also is to warn others , as i just ignored it last week as i said kapersky flagged it as spam and i presumed it was a phising email as ive had so many fake ones from so called banks that i just get use to ignoring them , its only when i quickly glanced over it this morning that i noticed it had my last 4 digits right off my card and also not asking to clink links etc

gari189;5742931

If posting irrelevant items in Misc is a crime, Misc would be an empty … If posting irrelevant items in Misc is a crime, Misc would be an empty place :whistling:I think Andy's post is a useful one as its a reminder that not all such emails are scams although its still possible this one is (can't find it on Hoaxslayer though)

+1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??99
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1016
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764037

See more discussions