Amazon will donate to a charity of your choice based on your Amazon purchases (no cost to you)

Found 29th Dec 2017
Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to a charity of your choice (eligible products only)

All you need to do is pick what charity you want Amazon to give money to and then use their Amazon Smile website instead of the regular Amazon site when shopping in future.

The charities you can pick from are -

Cancer Research UK
The British Red Cross
Royal British Legion
Magic Breakfast
Marie Curie
Royal Manchester Children's Hospital Charity
RSPCA
Save the Children
Scottish Women's Aid
Stonewall

Not like your normal deals on here as you won't be making any savings but you will be donate for free which is just as good.

I just logged into my Amazon account and it prompted me to sign up to this (for free), I'm guessing this will be the same for everyone.

smile.amazon.co.uk

13 Comments

Sounds like yet another Amazon tax dodge to me . They probably have a few more millions of profit they can't think of a way to hide
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Dec 2017

It's just the sort of thing that abusive companies have always done. Tobacco firms were always good at pretending not to cause untold misery and suffering to millions. Uber has a knack for it too.

The facetwits won't understand it though. They're much too far gone.
Edited by: "ITMA" 29th Dec 2017

Thanks for the info op, I will sign up

Perhaps they should consider paying 0.5% more of their considerable turnover to their poorly paid staff. At least pay it to the Prime Now drivers so that they can scrap the suggested tip nonsense they impose on their customers.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 29th Dec 2017

HMRC ISN'T ON THE LIST I SEE!

Don’t agree with some of those charities:

Save The Children operates ships in the Mediterranean that makes countless daily journeys ferrying migrants across for them to claim ‘asylum’.

Thanks!
I wondered why the UK Amazon didn't do this when the USA one does.

lockwoodisbored2 h, 41 m ago

Don’t agree with some of those charities:Save The Children operates ships i …Don’t agree with some of those charities:Save The Children operates ships in the Mediterranean that makes countless daily journeys ferrying migrants across for them to claim ‘asylum’.

Didn't know this, will avoid them in the future, thanks for letting me know

Magic Breakfast
Is that like having a massive bowl containing Sugar Poofs, Coco Pops and Rice Krispies?
Followed by 2 pints of Um Bungo

They win, ignore the rest.

Of course you need to make sure you don't buy direct from a link on here.
Then the only charity gaining is HUKD.

maybe amazon can pay their fekin tax bills too, the country could do with all those billions of unpaid pounds each year

It's not a charity of my choice though is it? It's a charity of Amazon's choice from a very small pre-selected list. I've not signed up for that reason. As well as the many other valid reasons in this thread.
Post a comment
@
    Text