Amazon/Amazon Seller Feedback

Found 22nd Feb
Before buying a product from an Amazon seller, I emailed them and asked for the use by date, and ordered on that basis. The use by date on the product received was 18 months shorter. The seller stuck to their original claim, so I called Amazon, who refunded me, told me to dispose of the item, and raised a complaint against the seller.

Now the tricky bit. I tried to post feedback on the product page. Not allowed to post because my report was on the seller.
So I posted on the seller page. Not allowed as item fulfilled by Amazon, meaning a dodgy seller ends up with no negative feedback.

Net result is it's impossible to post accurately. So what's the point.

Fakespot and ReviewMeta are limited, as they can't differentiate between sellers.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
If the use by date was 18 months shorter it still had some shelf life left so you had a bit of a result, but I see what you mean. I wonder if Amazon themselves weren't at fault here? If they carry the stock on a regular basis and haven't been rotating it then it could seem be they're to blame.
mrty

Trueish, but it's something I buy ahead, so that I've got an emergency supply. All being well, I won't need it until June at the earliest, so, as it's three lots, I'd lose at least a third.
But the crux of it is, I asked a straight question and got a bent answer, and there's no way of giving accurate feedback.
How would the seller known the expiry date if it's fulfilled by Amazon (assuming of course that they regulary supply Amazon with the items).
Pandamansays

That's the whole point. How does it work? Does the seller supply the items to Amazon? I presume they do and Amazon holds the stock and ships it out.
In my case, I asked the seller a specific question. If they didn't have control of stock or there was any doubt, they should have said so. But they gave me a specific answer which was wrong, and/or a lie.
Seller made a mistake with the information supplied to you, but their amazon fees are much more than ebay fees, so since they've asked you to dispose of the item, and refunded you, the seller will not get the payment and will be out of pocket with the goods. On top of that great result you made, you want to leave a negative to them?

You've not lost from it, you've gained. Why not just walk away now?

Amazon fulfillment is just that... The sellers ship goods to amazon, who charge them fees for holding their stock, fees for listing, fees for selling, monthly fees, fees dependent on size. The seller probably gave you the best before date of the stock they physically have (before they ship to amazon). Amazon stock may of been sitting for some time before being sold, dependent on how popular the item is.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 23rd Feb
J4GG4

Calm down. I'm not interested in the commercial arrangement between suppliers and Amazon.

What I'm trying to understand is how the stock system works. I suspect you're right about a seller's stock being sent to and held by Amazon, but where there are multiple sellers, is everything stored in the same bin? If so, the seller has no idea what's liable to be shipped. I'd far rather the seller had been upfront and said they didn't know. It would cost them less as well.

As for feedback, use by date is a common question raised on the product page, so I'm far from alone in wanting to know that I'm getting a long use by date.
qbs23rd Feb

J4GG4Calm down. I'm not interested in the commercial arrangement between …J4GG4Calm down. I'm not interested in the commercial arrangement between suppliers and Amazon.What I'm trying to understand is how the stock system works. I suspect you're right about a seller's stock being sent to and held by Amazon, but where there are multiple sellers, is everything stored in the same bin? If so, the seller has no idea what's liable to be shipped. I'd far rather the seller had been upfront and said they didn't know. It would cost them less as well.As for feedback, use by date is a common question raised on the product page, so I'm far from alone in wanting to know that I'm getting a long use by date.

Use by date is a common question asked, yes, I agree.

But amazon are not good with confirming what it is. And it also seems the sellers aren't either who use amazon fulfillment.

Best to buy elsewhere to avoid disappointment.
This is a good lesson in Amazon/Amazon seller activity that's pretty close to fraud. Item listed in Lightning deal using listing packed with obviously fake 5 star reviews. Older listing for exactly the same item has what appear to be genuine reviews which are less than flattering.
Despite the obvious, Lightning deals yesterday and today sold 100%. Amazon wins, seller wins, until the returns start.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions