Amazon.com

Looking to buy 'How i met your mother' from the American site.

With delivery its $96, would tax b on top of that when it gets delivered to me?

Has anyone ordered from .com?

10 Comments

no, but maybe if you got it gift wrapped customs would assume it was a gift and you wouldnt have to pay tax etc on delivery lol

Banned

micoo;7541075

no, but maybe if you got it gift wrapped customs would assume it was a … no, but maybe if you got it gift wrapped customs would assume it was a gift and you wouldnt have to pay tax etc on delivery lol

confusing reply there :thinking:

you would have to pay import duty (4% I think), Royal mail collection fees (a lot!) and VAT (17.5%) I think

micoo;7541075

no, but maybe if you got it gift wrapped customs would assume it was a … no, but maybe if you got it gift wrapped customs would assume it was a gift and you wouldnt have to pay tax etc on delivery lol

Lol, it will still come in the amazon box with the import details and value on the top.
Anything over £18 that's not a gift is liable for import tax. You might not get charged though, I've ordered stuff from there and got away without the fee. Pot luck.

Babbabooey;7541103

Lol, it will still come in the amazon box with the import details and … Lol, it will still come in the amazon box with the import details and value on the top.Anything over £18 that's not a gift is liable for import tax. You might not get charged though, I've ordered stuff from there and got away without the fee. Pot luck.

oh ye lol :lol: my bad

I had how i met your mothetr complete series 1 but i think i sold it now, ile check my dvd collection tonight if you like xx

customs rate's 2.7%+£18 duty+VAT ( i think)

Original Poster

Thanks guys, might think again then.

Kerri please check

I've no idea of conversion rates from dollars to sterling. So I don't know what $96 dollars equates to. Have just done an Ebay search and seen at least 2 complete series box set 1-4 on there. have you already looked?

shop.ebay.co.uk/?_f…ies

I typed into Ebay search - how i met your mother box set

just used a website to get conversion from £96 dollars to Sterling. Answer is £59 (at present). They weren't that cheap on Ebay!

Or this website may be worth exploring. Couldn't work out what date this was advertised at £39.99!

easierdeal.com/ind…d86

You will have to pay import vat (17.5%) even if its sent as a gift and the admin costs.

Of course if they dont check then you wont have to pay.

I can't help but i do do love that show x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846219
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32159

See more discussions