Amazon.co.uk ordering problems

Found 19th Dec 2017Edited by:"ChristopherJZ"
I have Amazon Prime but for about a month whenever I place an order, literally every time, they cancel the order and block my account due to billing issues. I have tried multiple cards and get the same issue. Each time then do this they send me an email with instructions for how to unblock the account and usually they ask me to send a fax, don't even know where I would find a fax machine in 2017, or log in to my account to upload documents. I can't log in because the account is blocked. I have to call them and give details over the phone then they are sent to someone who unblocks my account. My cards work everywhere else and the billing address details are correct. Has this happened to anyone else and how did you fix it? It's happened to me about 5 times in a row now and I'm getting really tired of it. I also really like Prime so don't want to go elsewhere. Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
deleted800342
Haven't they offered a solution?
Seems strange if they haven't with it happening 5 times!
deleted80034219th Dec 2017

Haven't they offered a solution?Seems strange if they haven't with it …Haven't they offered a solution?Seems strange if they haven't with it happening 5 times!

Nope, they're absolutely useless. All they do is apologise and say it shouldn't happen again as everything is in order on my account and then it happens again the next time I place an order.
How long have you lived at the address on the account .

Sometimes they block the address , because of someone who has lived at that address and done fraud on a account .
KemCol19th Dec 2017

How long have you lived at the address on the account .Sometimes they …How long have you lived at the address on the account .Sometimes they block the address , because of someone who has lived at that address and done fraud on a account .

There are 2 other people with Amazon accounts at this address and theirs are all good. It's just mine. Been here for years!
ChristopherJZ5 m ago

There are 2 other people with Amazon accounts at this address and theirs …There are 2 other people with Amazon accounts at this address and theirs are all good. It's just mine. Been here for years!

I know this won't solve the problem (Because you want your own account) But, ask one of the others if they can put you on their account , if they have prime , you can share this .

You could do it this way until they sort out your own account .
I had an issue where the address on my account didn’t match perfectly with the address given to my bank so it was constantly getting rejected even though it was obvious it was the same address!
I just called my bank to see if they are rejecting the transactions. They aren't. They also said that Amazon have been taking £1 out of my account each time this happens. They can charge my card and have been but won't process my orders! WTF.
Have you been asked to verify your account? A couple of years ago I had to do this then they unblocked my account.
deleted192290
ChristopherJZ6 m ago

I just called my bank to see if they are rejecting the transactions. They …I just called my bank to see if they are rejecting the transactions. They aren't. They also said that Amazon have been taking £1 out of my account each time this happens. They can charge my card and have been but won't process my orders! WTF.

Strangely I have no issues with Amazon and buy quite a bit from them, but I often notice a £1 transaction which is always at the 'pending' stage on my credit card. It then disappears...
The £1 pending charge is simply to confirm your card details are current - supposedly.
The bank told me the £1 had left my account. It wasn't pending.
nannafish2 h, 40 m ago

Have you been asked to verify your account? A couple of years ago I had to …Have you been asked to verify your account? A couple of years ago I had to do this then they unblocked my account.

Yes and I have done this 5 times 😣
To be honest I’d be requesting a reimbursement for the prime yearly charges as they cannot deliver a full service to you at no fault of your own
ChristopherJZ12 h, 23 m ago

The bank told me the £1 had left my account. It wasn't pending.

They lied or don't understand the pending payment.

I've had many many pending £1 Amazon payments in the past, not one has actually left my account.
Amazons customer service is great in my experience... sounds like what's wrong isnt to do with amazon... if you have enough cash in your bank the order will work and go through.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants