Amazon.fr warehouses temporarily closed

Posted 16th AprEdited by:"IamMT"
Amazon closes French warehouses after court ruling on coronavirus.

"Amazon has ordered the temporary closure of all six of its French distribution centres, a day after a French court ruled that it was not doing enough to protect workers from the coronavirus pandemic.

The company said in a statement:

“This week we are requesting employees of our distribution centres to stay at home. In the longer term we will evaluate the impact of that [court] decision for them and our French logistic network.”

Amazon’s French warehouses are to be shut down for five days from Thursday for a
deep clean and to “take all the necessary measures to guarantee the health and safety of staff”, the company said. Management said the 10,000 full- and part-time staff would continue to be paid.
"

theguardian.com/tec…rns
Community Updates
10 Comments
No way, what will mr Amazon do for money now !
I bet he will have to claim jobseekers allowance.
I’m wondering how is the amazon UK doing on the issue? I don’t want my parcel with corona virus on it
Good for the French law enforcers, we await for the British enforcers to learn their lessons from the French.
JefferyUK16/04/2020 10:58

I’m wondering how is the amazon UK doing on the issue? I don’t want my par …I’m wondering how is the amazon UK doing on the issue? I don’t want my parcel with corona virus on it

Most probably at least as many bad health and safety measures as those for the French Amazon.

« Un carton peut être manipulé une vingtaine de fois par des personnes différentes » = "A box can be handled twenty times by different people."
Edited by: "splender" 16th Apr
lollypoplee16/04/2020 10:46

No way, what will mr Amazon do for money now !I bet he will have to claim …No way, what will mr Amazon do for money now !I bet he will have to claim jobseekers allowance.

Mr Amazon has been made a whole lot richer by CV19, will be even richer still when all his competition goes bust in the next few weeks. Supermarkets and Amazon are the big winners.
Azwipe16/04/2020 13:45

Mr Amazon has been made a whole lot richer by CV19, will be even richer …Mr Amazon has been made a whole lot richer by CV19, will be even richer still when all his competition goes bust in the next few weeks. Supermarkets and Amazon are the big winners.

$24bn richer apparently. bbc.co.uk/new…657

Disgusting really. Something needs to be done but with Trump in charge, I can’t see that happening anytime soon.
Biddy216/04/2020 13:52

$24bn richer apparently. …$24bn richer apparently. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52289657Disgusting really. Something needs to be done but with Trump in charge, I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

The British HSE should be in charge of health and safety, unless they are work-shy, powerless in law or self-isolating themselves.
splender16/04/2020 14:03

The British HSE should be in charge of health and safety, unless they are …The British HSE should be in charge of health and safety, unless they are work-shy, powerless in law or self-isolating themselves.

I was referring to the hoarding of wealth by the 1% while huge amounts of wage inequality exists and public services are being underfunded (like our NHS) when I said something needs to be done.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 16th Apr
Biddy216/04/2020 14:06

I was referring to the hoarding of wealth by the 1% while huge amounts of …I was referring to the hoarding of wealth by the 1% while huge amounts of wage inequality exists and public services being underfunded (like our NHS) when I said something needs to be done.

Agreed, our leaders are impotent in socio-economic changes, even for our home ground, forget the play aways.

These non-fictions are very good reads :-

Regarding the wealth owned by "1% of wealthy", read The Great Leveler by Walter Scheidel: the Introduction on the "1% wealthy" and the Pandemic Chapters

Capital in the Twenty-first Century by Thomas Piketty - review by Guardian
Edited by: "splender" 16th Apr
JefferyUK16/04/2020 10:58

I’m wondering how is the amazon UK doing on the issue? I don’t want my par …I’m wondering how is the amazon UK doing on the issue? I don’t want my parcel with corona virus on it

If you are really concerned about that then there is a simple answer, don't order any parcels from anywhere. But if you need to order and are concerned then either leave the box for 72 hours before touching (washing hands after any contact), or wipe down with diluted bleach. Odds of getting something from a box are very low.

The action taken by the French government is abotu protecting workers health, not consumers.
Edited by: "jon81uk" 16th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions