Amazon's customer service has gone to ****

Posted 28th Sep
Anyone else noticed that Amazon's once great customer service has completely nosedived recently?

Had an item delivered today that was crushed during transit.

Contacted chat who asked me to take photos.

Their response was 'we can't issue a refund as the product is still usable'

Took no responsibility whatsoever.

Lost for words...
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I find that Amazon's customer service quality keeps on decreasing every year as their market share increases. However, their CS is still much better than other retailers. I have taken their generally decent CS for granted, now I have dealt with other much worse companies I appreciate Amazon's approach more.

Still though, a few years back you could go on Amazon live chat and get £5 promo credit/1 month Prime extension for pretty much anything. Now you have to fight Amazon ages for £5 when you are having a really bad experience.
It’s the “lost for words” that has failed you on this occasion...

It is quite simple, you don’t get off the chat or phone until the issue is resolved.
14 Comments
The items are also packaged damaged too i once had anew book ripped apart but the packaging was immaculate. They just don't care now.
Ring again and speak to someone else .
Can you not return it from the app without talking to someone?
G0rdonGekko28/09/2019 14:26

Pretty much sums it up.

They are getting worse but you can still return it just return it through your account.
It’s the “lost for words” that has failed you on this occasion...

It is quite simple, you don’t get off the chat or phone until the issue is resolved.
deals6928/09/2019 14:35

Can you not return it from the app without talking to someone?

eslick28/09/2019 14:36

They are getting worse but you can still return it just return it through …They are getting worse but you can still return it just return it through your account.

This isn't an issue about returning it (which I will be doing of course).

This is how far their customer service has fallen recently.
Was the product still usable though?
Just curious, how many items have you returned or requested refunds for over say the past six months?
I always use the chat service, last time I got in touch they bounced me around to 5 different people, but in the end they gave me a suitable resolution, keep trying.
I find that Amazon's customer service quality keeps on decreasing every year as their market share increases. However, their CS is still much better than other retailers. I have taken their generally decent CS for granted, now I have dealt with other much worse companies I appreciate Amazon's approach more.

Still though, a few years back you could go on Amazon live chat and get £5 promo credit/1 month Prime extension for pretty much anything. Now you have to fight Amazon ages for £5 when you are having a really bad experience.
deleted1410297
Hold onto your ego, if you throw a fuss too much they'll strike you off no questions asked.
Had an halogen oven bulb delivered yesterday, thin bubblewrap, no warnings of fragile at all and just shoved through the letterbox despite us being sat 4 feet away at the time. Inevitably it broke which i didnt realise until I opened it, doh! Managed to cut my finger and get glass in it. Amazon was pretty good about it, full refund and £10 good will voucher. They did escalate it to a manager as soon as they realised I did get injured.
I have ordered 6-7 times this month with 5 problems regarding either damage item and price difference but never had problem. 2 time apology with 5 & 10 credit while today my shampoo was damaged though never mention for a picture of it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants