AMD Athlon X2 7750 Overclocking with standard fan

Found 21st Feb 2009
would i be able to overclock my CPU with a standard heat sink and fan with artic silver 5 if so what is a safe temperature should i be looking for

1. Misc
  2. Fan
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Fan
4 Comments

You might be able to get a bit more out of it but its already pretty high-clocked for an AMD chip anyway @ 2.7GHz. For best performance you could probably do with a beefier fan. As for max temp, it depends really on whether its a permanent overclock or just a temporary thing, but I'd avoid letting it get over 70 degrees (especially long term)

Original Poster

jah128;4446561

You might be able to get a bit more out of it but its already pretty … You might be able to get a bit more out of it but its already pretty high-clocked for an AMD chip anyway @ 2.7GHz. For best performance you could probably do with a beefier fan. As for max temp, it depends really on whether its a permanent overclock or just a temporary thing, but I'd avoid letting it get over 70 degrees (especially long term)

Brilliant thanks two things you have helped me on now if only you could leave more then one rep :thumbsup:

Original Poster

can anyone suggest a good fan for around £20-£30 ?

look at the artic freezers.... not sure on prices

or even better try a thermaltake (i think thats the name)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. https://shakeasnowglobe.tkmaxx.com/24
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition921224
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!1212
    4. Wychwood - £5000 + other prizes (Smash for Cash)55

See more discussions