AMD Ryzen CPU Base Specification List For Comparisons

Deal editor10
Posted 26th Feb
Hi all, I thought I'd put something together regarding AMD Ryzen CPUs, as they are extremely popular as well as being fantastic value for money when it comes to price vs power.

We're seeing drops left, right and centre. Hopefully that trend continues as we get closer to a Zen 3 release, we could be looking at some extremely good prices. When it comes to upgrading, or scoping out deals then to have something like this for reference here on hotukdeals might be handy for cross checking. Especially if you're about to drop some cash on one CPU and then see that another is almost identical at a much lower price (just an example)

I've gone for some of the more popular models here, but if you do want me to add any others in. Tag me in or give me a shout privately and I'll update it.

This isn't an AMD fanboy post, although I do own a Ryzen chip and love it. It's purely because it could make it easier for some of you when hunting around. It's not supposed to be a big in-depth comprehensive list, delving into the nitty gritty, more a quick reference for shoppers.

Once we get information on Zen 3 then I can add those in too, to give a wider view of how things look.

Let me know if you do find this useful and I'll do more like it in the future. I don't want to put these together if you find them almost useless!

Want to see a list on the Intel CPUs? I've just popped one together
Intel CPU Base Specification List

For current posted deals on Ryzen gear, then CLICK HERE
This will take you to all Ryzen posts, including any pre-built machines.

Feel free to discuss any Ryzen related topics in here, including speculation over Ryzen 3, price drops and such. There are lots of Tech heads on hotukdeals that I am sure will be happy to help, as well as myself of course

If you're looking for a recommendation, it may help to add your full system spec, or you planned system specifications, so that we can see if any money can be saved for similar or indeed better performance.

3413337.jpg
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • Cores - 16
  • Threads - 32
  • Base Clock - 3.5 GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.7 GHz
  • TDP - 105W

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Cores - 12
  • Threads - 24
  • Base Clock - 3.8 GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.5GHz
  • TDP - 105W

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Cores - 8
  • Threads - 16
  • Base Clock - 3.9GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.5GHz
  • TDP - 105W

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Cores - 8
  • Threads - 16
  • Base Clock - 3.6GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.4GHz
  • TDP - 65W

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Cores - 6
  • Threads - 12
  • Base Clock - 3.8GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.4GHz
  • TDP - 95W

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Cores - 6
  • Threads - 12
  • Base Clock - 3.6GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.2GHz
  • TDP - 65W

3413337.jpg
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Cores - 8
  • Threads - 16
  • Base Clock - 3.7GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.3GHz
  • TDP - 105W

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • Cores - 6
  • Threads - 12
  • Base Clock - 3.6GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.2GHz
  • TDP - 95W

AMD Ryzen 7 2700
  • Cores - 8
  • Threads - 16
  • Base Clock - 3.2GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 4.1GHz
  • TDP - 65W

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Cores - 6
  • Threads - 12
  • Base Clock - 3.4GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 3.9GHz
  • TDP - 65W

I have added this one by request and for good reason. It's a very competitivly priced CPU and not to be confused with the Ryzen 5 1600. If you go for this one, make sure it's the AF model, which sits tight with the Zen+ 2600 at a MUCH lower price point. It's a 12nm chip under Zen+ architecture- Thanks for shouting up Oneday77

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF
  • Cores - 6
  • Threads - 12
  • Base Clock - 3.2GHz
  • Boost Clock - Up to 3.6GHz
  • TDP - 65W
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
I'd really like to see the cheapest price for each one along with the benchmark so we can see the best price / performance ratio.

Would that be useful to others as well?
m1keyp1key26/02/2020 14:54

I'd really like to see the cheapest price for each one along with the …I'd really like to see the cheapest price for each one along with the benchmark so we can see the best price / performance ratio.Would that be useful to others as well?

We could do that here, although that would be forever changing to keep it up to date. Which is why I linked over to the Ryzen deals on hotukdeals. Fluctuations are always happening, especially when we see these eBay codes come up. If I'm not quick enough with the changes, then prices would be incorrect and may lead to someone not getting the best deal. Whereas we have a lot of tech posters that are usually on the ball with it.

As for benchmarks, they'd have to come from another site, as I haven't done my own tests on them at all. I really just wanted this to be a quick comparison area as a place to chat about the different choices. Although I totally get why you'd want all that in the same spot. I'll have a think about it and see if there's anything I can do here.
Edited by: "Ken" 26th Feb
Ken26/02/2020 15:03

We could do that here, although that would be forever changing to keep it …We could do that here, although that would be forever changing to keep it up to date. Which is why I linked over to the Ryzen deals on hotukdeals. Fluctuations are always happening, especially when we see these eBay codes come up. If I'm not quick enough with the changes, then prices would be incorrect and may lead to someone not getting the best deal. Whereas we have a lot of tech posters that are usually on the ball with it.As for benchmarks, they'd have to come from another site, as I haven't done my own tests on them at all. I really just wanted this to be a quick comparison area. Although I totally get why you'd want all that in the same spot. I'll have a think about it and see if there's anything I can do here.

Benchmarks from cpubenchmark.net , would that be useful?

So for example a 2700x benchmarks 16924 and is £151 so that would be 112 per £1

I'm not saying you have to have the cheapest price all the time, but if you just update as and when without the links to the deal but maybe link back to the current deals like you have already done it will at least give people an idea of what chip represents the best value deal.

Or perhaps people aren't bothered about best performance per £ for their money.

Also perhaps add some APU's. It's a great way for people to get into a basic gaming on a tight budget and then upgrade to a GPU when funds allow.

Again just me throwing some ideas out there, so would need others to find this useful to think about doing it.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 26th Feb
Btw for anyone interested i've just posted a deal for a 2600 for £102 delivered from Aria. Deal is in moderation at the moment so anyone wanting one and seeing this can get in before herd lol.
Just spotted that I'd missed the 3800 / 3800X

I'll add those in shortly
m1keyp1key26/02/2020 15:38

Btw for anyone interested i've just posted a deal for a 2600 for £102 …Btw for anyone interested i've just posted a deal for a 2600 for £102 delivered from Aria. Deal is in moderation at the moment so anyone wanting one and seeing this can get in before herd lol.

Isn’t the 1600AF not the same chip but normally cheaper?

Which now I notice missing from the list above.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 26th Feb
Oneday7726/02/2020 23:40

Isn’t the 1600AF not the same chip but normally cheaper?Which now I notice …Isn’t the 1600AF not the same chip but normally cheaper?Which now I notice missing from the list above.

Hi, I posted the more popular ones that came to mind, so there will be some missing. I can certainly add it if you'd like
Ken27/02/2020 09:40

Hi, I posted the more popular ones that came to mind, so there will be …Hi, I posted the more popular ones that came to mind, so there will be some missing. I can certainly add it if you'd like

Would be worth it. No use to me but it is the absolute budget champion.
Oneday7727/02/2020 09:43

Would be worth it. No use to me but it is the absolute budget champion.

I totally agree, although admittedly I'd forgotten about the 1600 AF.
It's now added in, thanks @Oneday77
m1keyp1key26/02/2020 15:19

Benchmarks from https://www.cpubenchmark.net , would that be useful?So for …Benchmarks from https://www.cpubenchmark.net , would that be useful?So for example a 2700x benchmarks 16924 and is £151 so that would be 112 per £1 I'm not saying you have to have the cheapest price all the time, but if you just update as and when without the links to the deal but maybe link back to the current deals like you have already done it will at least give people an idea of what chip represents the best value deal. Or perhaps people aren't bothered about best performance per £ for their money.Also perhaps add some APU's. It's a great way for people to get into a basic gaming on a tight budget and then upgrade to a GPU when funds allow.Again just me throwing some ideas out there, so would need others to find this useful to think about doing it.

It's much more complex than that, Passmark is a very poor benchmark.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants