America is just weird

Posted 5th Dec 2019
While we're looking for the best bluetooth headsets or a better telly, over the water Americans have quite different ideas.

washingtontimes.com/mul…19/

I see that the barrel on pic no.2 comes with a useful reminder to the person being aimed-at.

I'm very pleased that we do things differently in dear old Blighty.
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
Very small mined of you, to judge other nations..
I will let my American relatives know what you think of them when I visit over Christmas in a couple of weeks time...I am very pleased I enjoy differing cultures and experiences.
I will let my American relatives know what you think of them when I visit over Christmas in a couple of weeks time...I am very pleased I enjoy differing cultures and experiences.
It's ok to judge other nations and cultures.
I’ve no doubt our crime rate would be worse than Detroit if we had hand guns and AR15’s the way it’s going in cities with stabbings.
Countries are made of different cultures and every one of them has their share of good traditions and flaws. Waste of time passing judgement.
slow news day? zzz zzz zzz
What is the problem?
Azwipe05/12/2019 11:59

Comment deleted

OH, I thought it was the right to arm bears !
Azwipe05/12/2019 11:59

Comment deleted

USA never is and has never been the land of the free.
I think the joke is going over some of your heads!
PhilKelix205/12/2019 12:08

USA never is and has never been the land of the free.

They have freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom to protect themselves.
Azwipe05/12/2019 12:42

They have freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom to protect …They have freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom to protect themselves.

They have the highest incarceration rate on the planet. 22% of the Earth's prisoners are in the US despite being 4.4% of the population.

Land of the free lol
We don't do things differently..

There's more than half a million legally licensed gun owners in the UK.
PhilKelix205/12/2019 12:47

They have the highest incarceration rate on the planet. 22% of the Earth's …They have the highest incarceration rate on the planet. 22% of the Earth's prisoners are in the US despite being 4.4% of the population.Land of the free lol

That is because they are tough on crime. In the UK you can be walking the streets again 10 years after murdering someone, you can deal drugs on the street with impunity.
PhilKelix205/12/2019 10:42

It's ok to judge other nations and cultures.

Does your work place not do Equality and diversity training..
Bargainhead06/12/2019 05:34

Does your work place not do Equality and diversity training..

No, we don't get brainwashed into thinking everyone is the same.

It's ok to judge other nations and cultures
PhilKelix206/12/2019 08:36

No, we don't get brainwashed into thinking everyone is the same.It's ok to …No, we don't get brainwashed into thinking everyone is the same.It's ok to judge other nations and cultures

No one said everyone is the same, the hole point is to respect others difference and cultures...
Bargainhead06/12/2019 13:13

No one said everyone is the same, the hole point is to respect others …No one said everyone is the same, the hole point is to respect others difference and cultures...

Seems silly. There are some cultures that deserve harsh criticsm, not automatic respect.
PhilKelix206/12/2019 13:20

Seems silly. There are some cultures that deserve harsh criticsm, not …Seems silly. There are some cultures that deserve harsh criticsm, not automatic respect.

Totally agree and some cultures what don’t respect others, but your not allowed to speak out about it.. we live in a country with equality and diversity. Plus discrimination laws..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions