What would be the best card for me ?
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I just applied for a Nectar Amex yesterday

20000 points when you spend £2k in 6 months
Gollywood16/08/2020 01:43

I just applied for a Nectar Amex yesterday20000 points when you spend £2k …I just applied for a Nectar Amex yesterday20000 points when you spend £2k in 6 months

Sounds good but for what am using it for I won’t spend2k on it unless I do one of these return tricks but don’t really know them or how they work !!
J_s3116/08/2020 01:49

Sounds good but for what am using it for I won’t spend2k on it unless I do …Sounds good but for what am using it for I won’t spend2k on it unless I do one of these return tricks but don’t really know them or how they work !!

I have a genuine large purchase coming up so perfect for me. Not into returns tricks sorry!
Edited by: "Gollywood" 16th Aug
If you don’t plan to use air miles I would say probably your best option is the Amex preferred rewards gold card.

It is fee free for the first year, then £140 pa thereafter.

You get 10,000 membership rewards if spending 3k in the first 6 months.

You earn 1 point per £ spend and these rewards can be exchanged in to various options such as air miles, hotel points, Amazon vouchers etc.
Keep things simple and get the cashback card. The one with the £25 annual fee is better as it gives a straight 1% on purchases. As long as you spend more than £2500 annually on the card, you make money.

I usually avoid Nectar, air miles, etc because they are constantly getting devalued and you are locked into specific rewards. Cashback is simpler.
Post a comment
@
    Text