Found 25th Jun 2007
Where can I get a simcard to be used in new york and maryland? I will be going there shortly but would like 1 or 2 sim cards that I can use straight away to save on money.

Something similar to the millions of simcards that we can get free in the UK would be great.

1. Misc
  2. Sim
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sim
13 Comments

Original Poster

Deal4Me

Not sure if its what your looking for … Not sure if its what your looking for but...http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-pd-ProductDisplay?S=130&filter_network=4TRAV&PN=PAYGOSIM&from=list

Thanks for the link.

It was really an american simcard i was looking for rather than a travellers one. Any network is fine.

That one on the carphonewarehouse will cost me a fortune calling within the US.

Thanks tho.

Can anyone else help?

Original Poster

Actually i think i found something on ebay 110142614103

Is this okay?

not many networks in america use sim cards, and not many of them are pay as you go, i had a similar problem when i went to canada and america last year.

Cingular, Tmobile, Verizon

Thats three I know of so look out for them.

Also, doesn't your phone need to be triband? like most 3 phones, to accept these.

Original Poster

kk_cheung

not many networks in america use sim cards, and not many of them are pay … not many networks in america use sim cards, and not many of them are pay as you go, i had a similar problem when i went to canada and america last year.

They dont use simcards? What do they use instead?

If i buy that one on ebay, will it work okay? I have a Quadband phone.

your phones unlocked? if so you should be fine. There may be a few compatibility problems so you might not be able to do things like send picture messages ect

Original Poster

jennybubbles

your phones unlocked? if so you should be fine. There may be a few … your phones unlocked? if so you should be fine. There may be a few compatibility problems so you might not be able to do things like send picture messages ect

Cool!

Cheers Jenny!

jennybubbles

your phones unlocked? if so you should be fine. There may be a few … your phones unlocked? if so you should be fine. There may be a few compatibility problems so you might not be able to do things like send picture messages ect

fone has to be compatible with abroad nowt to do with the fone being unlocked or not.

Don't forget you pay for receiving calls as well :whistling: not like the easy ride we have in good old Europe :giggle:

hiphop_dont_stop

fone has to be compatible with abroad nowt to do with the fone being … fone has to be compatible with abroad nowt to do with the fone being unlocked or not.

I know but he's already said that the phone is quadbanded so will work anywhere in the world. If he is putting another network sim in it it has to be unlocked regardless of weither this is a forgein sim or a brittish one

i am planning on just buying a sim out there the neighbour says she does it as they are really cheap

Original Poster

sonia.town

i am planning on just buying a sim out there the neighbour says she does … i am planning on just buying a sim out there the neighbour says she does it as they are really cheap

I heard from my friend that simcards cost quite a bit out there.

The ebay link i had above was for £12 with $30 credit preloaded. Surely thats a good deal? picked up two anyways for myself and the OH.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1959
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    4. Add one, leave one game54415416

See more discussions