Groups

Amex accepted at new stores

I have received notification from Amex that following new stores have started accepting Amex cards both In-store and Online:
    Harvey's
    Oakfurnitureland
    Bensons for beds
    Evans cycle

If anyone planning to make a big purchase form he above stores and fobbed away because Amex not accepted, this is the time.
    I remember of getting fobbed away from Harvey's because Amex not accepted.

4 Comments

Is "fobbed away" just another way of saying "go & get a credit card that doesn't charge higher fees to customers"?

Original Poster

I agree. But I am glad more and more stores have started accepting Amex. I personally bought loads from Harvey's. I believe the trend is Home stores are loosing business to the likes of John Lewis, Homebase or stores accepting Amex. Also, you need not to have Amex's fee charging credit cards. There are loads of few free Amex cards. I understand some people may have different opinion or Amex haters, but personally I have saved a lot for the money spent on Amex which I would spend anyway on a visa or MasterCard.

I co-own a small business and I think not offering Amex is cheap. A few extra pence on the pound is worth a sale and being known as a company that doesn't accept all payments is 20th century. We even accept bitcoins. I'd take dollars, euros, Danish K.

Proj

I agree. But I am glad more and more stores have started accepting Amex. … I agree. But I am glad more and more stores have started accepting Amex. I personally bought loads from Harvey's. I believe the trend is Home stores are loosing business to the likes of John Lewis, Homebase or stores accepting Amex. Also, you need not to have Amex's fee charging credit cards. There are loads of few free Amex cards. I understand some people may have different opinion or Amex haters, but personally I have saved a lot for the money spent on Amex which I would spend anyway on a visa or MasterCard.

​I think fanpages was talking about the fees Amex charges to stores.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions