Groups

Amex - who accepts and who does not

OK so current best cashback credit card is Amex but as we all know they are not accepted everywhere. So which stores accept and which do not ?

I hear accepted at ....
    Sainsburys
    Shell Petrol
    Asda
    Comet

Any others ? And who does not accept ?

6 Comments

I have the cashback card and it is annoying when it's not accepted. Most large brands accept it but there are some exceptions. Once the 5% bonus period is over you start to notice it takes a loooooooong time to build up any sort of cashback. And now they also don't pay out until you've reached £25.

You might be better looking at the Egg 1% MasterCard (if it's open to applicants at the mo) or something else like the Tesco Clubcard credit card for points.

I use it at most major stores and online, it's just small independent shops that don't accept it. Also you will earn american express points to spend as rewards although these take a long time to build up.
    There are special offers as well to use when you're shopping, ie an extra discount at Richer sounds, £5 for every £50 spent at Selfridges before Xmas etc. You have to go on the Amex site to find them.
    If you pay off your bill every month it is just an extra discount.
    If you pay at Tesco with it you get the clubcard points as well.

Banned

only place i have come across that doesnt accept it is H&M

Banned

sassie;8400635

only place i have come across that doesnt accept it is H&M

you're a brand *****, lots of small shops (all I've come across) won't accept it, apparently the American's take a hefty fee for using it.

Banned

lumoruk;8400672

you're a brand *****, lots of small shops (all I've come across) won't … you're a brand *****, lots of small shops (all I've come across) won't accept it, apparently the American's take a hefty fee for using it.

wonders what the ***** mean :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions