Amiga repair

Posted 29th Jan
does anyone know of any shops that could repair this? or anyone honest and reliable

in the 90’s we had 3 on the local high street, alas they’re all gone

I’ve been in touch with Amiga passion, waiting to hear back

thank you 🙏
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Commodore Amiga?
Do you know what the problem is? I saw your old thread about boot disks, did you get beyond that?
Edited by: "IamMT" 29th Jan
What is the problem? The South West Amiga Group in Bristol have a repair team if you are local to that. southwestamiga.org.uk/. Else try reaching out on theforum.amiga.org group.
Edited by: "cicobuff" 29th Jan
Steve at Amiga Passion has a great reputation but can take a long time, so long as you aren't in a rush. There is a very active group on Facebook "Commodore Amiga" where there are a few people that can help.
IamMT29/01/2020 19:28

Do you know what the problem is? I saw your old thread about boot disks, …Do you know what the problem is? I saw your old thread about boot disks, did you get beyond that?

Yeah I tried to find that, but didn’t know how to find old threads

I forgot what my workbench disk was now, 2.0 I think, but yeah I managed to get games to load

so I popped in champ manager, all excited

and I don’t know if you remember, but you have to type in a match result to start the game

so I press a number, nothing happens, I press them all, nothing happens

so I tried the letter keys to on another thing, nothing happens

anyhoo, I opened it, and if I’m correct and lucky, it’s just the green ribbon, come loose

unfortunately it’s too short to reattach, I guess the person I got it from all those years ago, had already “trimmed” it

I’m hoping it’s just that what is the problem, but Steve from Amiga Passion, said it could be more, if I’m not so lucky, he said he’d look at it for me, and fix the green ribbon for £12, which I’m happy with

I don’t know how easy it is to fix myself, I don’t know if there’s a video or website with clear pictures and instructions

I don’t really feel confident enough to do it myself (I only have one working hand)
Subscribed
wish I not thrown out my amiga stuff now
Mendoza29/01/2020 21:10

Yeah I tried to find that, but didn’t know how to find old threads I f …Yeah I tried to find that, but didn’t know how to find old threads I forgot what my workbench disk was now, 2.0 I think, but yeah I managed to get games to loadso I popped in champ manager, all excited and I don’t know if you remember, but you have to type in a match result to start the game so I press a number, nothing happens, I press them all, nothing happens so I tried the letter keys to on another thing, nothing happens anyhoo, I opened it, and if I’m correct and lucky, it’s just the green ribbon, come loose unfortunately it’s too short to reattach, I guess the person I got it from all those years ago, had already “trimmed” itI’m hoping it’s just that what is the problem, but Steve from Amiga Passion, said it could be more, if I’m not so lucky, he said he’d look at it for me, and fix the green ribbon for £12, which I’m happy with I don’t know how easy it is to fix myself, I don’t know if there’s a video or website with clear pictures and instructions I don’t really feel confident enough to do it myself (I only have one working hand)

Could be just the keyboard wire as you say....could be the keyboard MCU chipset or it could be the CIA (Complex Interface Adapter) chipset.
Wongy11029/01/2020 21:33

Subscribed wish I not thrown out my amiga stuff now

There is always Raspberry Pi or Cloanto's Amiga Forever software for emulation.

I am just glad I got an A1200 as well as a C64 in the early 2000s before prices started to get silly...although emulation is of preference due to current lack of space, they are in storage though and would not get rid of them...man cave in a couple of years in the garden and they will be out.
cicobuff29/01/2020 21:38

There is always Raspberry Pi or Cloanto's Amiga Forever software for …There is always Raspberry Pi or Cloanto's Amiga Forever software for emulation.I am just glad I got an A1200 as well as a C64 in the early 2000s before prices started to get silly...although emulation is of preference due to current lack of space, they are in storage though and would not get rid of them...man cave in a couple of years in the garden and they will be out.

Wongy11029/01/2020 21:42

[Video]

Were you thinking of this????

And if you go the emulation route, a USB Competition Pro joystick is essential to get the proper feel....joypads just will not do.
Still got my Amiga in loft in original box and games... what are they worth now, I’m sure I paid £400 for it 30 years ago..
cicobuff29/01/2020 21:44

Were you thinking of this????[Video] And if you go the emulation route, a …Were you thinking of this????[Video] And if you go the emulation route, a USB Competition Pro joystick is essential to get the proper feel....joypads just will not do.

720kb of quality.
Ferris30/01/2020 10:35

720kb of quality.

It was actually 676kb demo I am surely heavily crunched. But do remember unlike PC the Amiga file system format double density disks to 880kb
Bargainhead30/01/2020 05:43

Still got my Amiga in loft in original box and games... what are they …Still got my Amiga in loft in original box and games... what are they worth now, I’m sure I paid £400 for it 30 years ago..

I only paid £50 for mine, 30 years ago
Mendoza30/01/2020 14:57

I only paid £50 for mine, 30 years ago

That was a good price, my Amiga was £399 with 4 games...
Steve got back to me
said it won’t be able to get it done until end of February
but that doesn’t matter, so long as I get my childhood back
Bargainhead30/01/2020 14:59

I did get mine second hand from a school friend , loads of games, but all copies, I think only 3 legit shop bought

had to beg my dad to buy it mind
Bargainhead30/01/2020 14:59

Think I paid getting on for a grand for mine, although it was a 4000 /40, more money than sense at the time
Edited by: "melted" 30th Jan
melted30/01/2020 23:13

Think I paid getting on for a grand for mine, although it was a 4000 /40, …Think I paid getting on for a grand for mine, although it was a 4000 /40, more money than sense at the time

Wash your mouth out. I would have mortgaged my house for Amiga specs like that.
Edited by: "anthony.james" 30th Jan
Mendoza30/01/2020 15:04

I did get mine second hand from a school friend , loads of games, but all …I did get mine second hand from a school friend , loads of games, but all copies, I think only 3 legit shop bought had to beg my dad to buy it mind

Used to love the intros from the cracking groups

Amiga cracking group marathon youtube
Edited by: "anthony.james" 30th Jan
I paid £499 for my a1200 back in the day. Think i spent another £299 for my gvp hard disk which was in megabytes not Gigabytes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions