Amiibo compatibility

Found 30th Oct 2017
Morning folks,

Ive purchased a 2Ds XL for my sons Xmas and I'm just wondering if all Amiibos are compatible with that device?

I've noticed on Tesco direct that the description of some Amiibos are vague. Some say Wii U switch compatible and some say nothing at all. Don't want to buy the wrong ones.

If someone could help, that would be grand

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

They are compatible across all Nintendo devices that you can use amiibo on, obviously what they do is game related.

Original Poster

benrobertsno12 h, 53 m ago

They are compatible across all Nintendo devices that you can use amiibo …They are compatible across all Nintendo devices that you can use amiibo on, obviously what they do is game related.

Thanks very much for that info

If it's the new 2ds XL then it'll have a NFC reader in the device. The older models have a plate that you buy to read NFC chips.

Amiibo's are mini dlc figures. Each one has unlimited uses and will unlock small content for different games. From outfits, art work to really pointless things (Super mario Odyssey had a timer where you send a guy out to help you find moon pieces and would give you hints after 5 minutes).

Fortunately, most amiibo's look good. So their dlc counter parts can be over looked
Edited by: "kos1c" 30th Oct 2017

high-level info on per-game compatibility here: nintendo.com/ami…ity
Post a comment
@
    Text