Groups

Amir Khan Vs Marco Antonio Barrera - CONFIRMED!

This fight is confirmed for the 14th of March at an undecided venue yet and will be on Sky Sports PPV.

Looking forward to this fight which I think will be a cracker. Really surprised that this has actually been confirmed but I guess Sky were putting pressure on Frank Warren to deliver the big fights as they cant have been happy putting Khan on PPV against walking punchbags.

Khan will hold all the physical advantages being the taller and bigger man. But as we shall in the Pacman De La Hoya fight, sometimes this means diddly squat!

My prediction - Barrera to completely school Amir Khan ala Naseem Hamed style. Barrera is a living legend and one of my favorite fighters of all time and is far far from being shot.. I can see Freddie Roach throwing in the towel around the 9th or 10th round.

Great match!

24 Comments

Put khan on his ass!

Didn't think "snuff" films were legal, never mind a live murder!!!! Bye bye Amir . . .

Banned

Seen this and thought Barrera will demolish him but he will have to go up a few weight classes for the fight.

Still hope he gives Khan a beat down

Paddy Charlie;4078102

Seen this and thought Barrera will demolish him but he will have to go up … Seen this and thought Barrera will demolish him but he will have to go up a few weight classes for the fight.Still hope he gives Khan a beat down

Both fight at Lightweight.

Shall be a tough fight but im going for khan

khan will be put in his place.

Original Poster

col;4078190

Both fight at Lightweight.

Barrera (as far as am aware) has only ever fought at lightweight once.

Amir Khan is naturally bigger and has been campaigning at lightweight for most of his career

Banned

God knows why this is PPV

MarzBarz;4078201

Shall be a tough fight but im going for khan

Nothing against Amir m8, but this is a DRASTIC step up in class! I know Barerra is knockin on a bit now bit this seems an odd fight to take . . . . . .

Original Poster

hankmarvin4;4078248

God knows why this is PPV

This is one fight where I wouldnt mind paying to watch. This isnt the worst PPV event. Think Cotto Vs Jennings............ :-D

Banned

Toybhoy;4078279

This is one fight where I wouldnt mind paying to watch. This isnt the … This is one fight where I wouldnt mind paying to watch. This isnt the worst PPV event. Think Cotto Vs Jennings............ :-D

I only want to pay for 'super fights', this is a nothing fight

Original Poster

hankmarvin4;4078345

I only want to pay for 'super fights', this is a nothing fight

Fair enough. There are ways to watch it online but I dont mind paying for boxing that interestes me which this one does.

Toybhoy;4078235

Barrera (as far as am aware) has only ever fought at lightweight once. … Barrera (as far as am aware) has only ever fought at lightweight once. Amir Khan is naturally bigger and has been campaigning at lightweight for most of his career

He moved up to Lightweight in 2008 looking to win a title in 4 different weight divisions.

it's PPV because the deal was struck for X amount (think it was 5?) of PPV fights just before he lost to Prescott. the fights weren't meant to be rebuilding his career. lol

Banned

col;4078537

He moved up to Lightweight in 2008 looking to win a title in 4 different … He moved up to Lightweight in 2008 looking to win a title in 4 different weight divisions.

and has only fought once so far

hankmarvin4;4078644

Therefore won't have to come up any weight divisions to fight Khan :thumbsup:

hankmarvin4;4078644

khan is a natural lightweight, barrera is natural at 3 divisions lower. yes he has fought at lightweight but i still think this will be closer than expected. I dont care who wins..it should be a good fight.

prescott is a class above everyone in the division, Amir should knock this cheat out

uk.youtube.com/res…q=f

Already got the fight on my box :whistling:

Will be interesting

Original Poster

myaser88;4078793

prescott is a class above everyone in the division,

What are you talking about?!?!

Class above Marquez, Campbell, Casamayor, Katsidas and Diaz based on the 53 seconds that you watched him for?!?!

Casual fans says the dumbest things sometimes! :-D

Banned

strike;4078882

Already got the fight on my box :whistling:Will be interesting

already? Chipped?

Banned

Toybhoy;4078897

What are you talking about?!?!Class above Marquez, Campbell, Casamayor, … What are you talking about?!?!Class above Marquez, Campbell, Casamayor, Katsidas and Diaz based on the 53 seconds that you watched him for?!?! Casual fans says the dumbest things sometimes! :-D

Agree! Lets see how he gets on against fighters with a solid chin!

Oh good, more avatar material...

One of the most ring savvy men in the game vs someone who still makes absolutely ridiculous amateurish mistakes :?

Barrera is as tough as they come and will not be 'caught in the headlights' of a khan assault as per most of khans wins.

barrera to finish this kids career off within 9. (assuming he aint shot, never seen his only fight at this weight gonna d/l it later)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846224
      2. RIP DOCTOR WHO45
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32161
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416145

See more discussions