AMONA Ceased Trading, claim on travel insurance or Credit Card?

Posted 22nd Oct
Hi,
I'd booked accomodation in Copenhagen vai AMONA back in April. The hotel contacted us today to say AMONA cancelled the booking. We had to book again at £568 for 4 nights instead of £408 through AMONA. Should I get the £408 back from credit card? And see if travel insurance would pay the £160? Or just go direct to travel insurance to try and get it all? Perhaps I've no chance either way!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Travel insurance probably won’t cover the difference in cost but you can ask them. Check the policy carefully so that you are still covered after the claim.I would get the £408 back the quickest way which will be via credit card
Never got an email or anything at the time and only realised when contacted by the hotel today.
christopherwhiteis122/10/2019 13:24

Never got an email or anything at the time and only realised when …Never got an email or anything at the time and only realised when contacted by the hotel today.

I suspect the Amona employees did not know until lastminute.com : don't come to work tomorrow.
And, you expect an employee who didn't come to work, sacked, to email you or something when the plug to the PC is pulled off its socket?! (You said, "Never got an email or anything at the time...")
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Oct
splender22/10/2019 13:27

I suspect the Amona employees did not know until lastminute.com : don't …I suspect the Amona employees did not know until lastminute.com : don't come to work tomorrow.And, you expect an employee who didn't come to work, sacked, to telephone you?!

yeah you'd think there'd be a rule in place or something that people should be contacted by the liquidators or whatever. Some people seemed to get emails on the thread referenced above somehow.
christopherwhiteis122/10/2019 13:30

yeah you'd think there'd be a rule in place or something that people …yeah you'd think there'd be a rule in place or something that people should be contacted by the liquidators or whatever. Some people seemed to get emails on the thread referenced above somehow.

Imminent closing for good, so staff is cut to bare few, only enough time to do some paperwork before doors are closed.
justanothercid22/10/2019 13:22

Travel insurance probably won’t cover the difference in cost but you can a …Travel insurance probably won’t cover the difference in cost but you can ask them. Check the policy carefully so that you are still covered after the claim.I would get the £408 back the quickest way which will be via credit card

yeah i've rang up now and they'll update in 7-10 days. THey never asked for details of the hotel which is odd, you'd think they'd need to verify the booking, as that would be first step I'd have thought, maybe their first step is to confirm they've ceased trading.
Also I get travel insurance with work, it changed providers in July, I booked in April but trip in October, which one do I contact does anybody know? Doubt i'll get anything if i get the credit card money back, but worth a shot....
Credit card chargeback won't apply as beyond the typically max 120day claim timeframe. S75 may apply but would require qualification criteria to be clarified (e.g. note Amona is not the actual supplier of the item purchased).
AndyRoyd22/10/2019 14:04

Credit card chargeback won't apply as beyond the typically max 120day …Credit card chargeback won't apply as beyond the typically max 120day claim timeframe. S75 may apply but would require qualification criteria to be clarified (e.g. note Amona is not the actual supplier of the item purchased).

yeah saw that in the linked forum above that it may not apply but hopefully S75 applies as it seemed to for others.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants