Amsterdam Citibreak - any advice welcomed

Found 18th Nov 2017
Hello!
Going for a city break for the first time in Amsterdam with my fiance (7 dec-9 dec) so would appreciate any advice regarding:
Where to stay? Checked a bit online, but one thing for sure, don't want to stay in a room with others, hostel.
What to visit or what to do.
How to get around the city, public transport? Where to buy tickets and aprox how much they cost.
Airport transfers, what would you suggest. I read that taxis are very expensive.

Thank you in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Airbnb or hotel probably if you don't want to share with others.
Airport welll connected so get the train into the city centre
Get the travel card or if you're going sight seeing get the I love Amsterdam card. About 70 euro's each for three days but gives you a free canal cruise, access to public transport and loads of free entry into the museums, zoo.

Just give 'I love Amsterdam card' a quick google and see whether it would be better off for you (link below)

iamsterdam.com/en/…ard
Any hotel recomandations?
We usually go for a 3 three star bed and breakfast. Depends on your budget really?
We only used it for a couple of hours for sleeping and then out most of the day/night.
We go each year and stay in 'Hotel Library' always very happy with room and service and decent price. Staying there again 2-4 December. About 5 minute walk from central station and 5 mins walk to everything central
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants