Groups
    EXPIRED

Amsterdam Hotels

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful hotels in Amsterdam? We wont have a car so needs to be central or close to public transport. We already have the flights...........travelling 22nd April for 3 nights.

Can't believe the prices I'm seeing, even for April!!

14 Comments

Yeah that's Amsterdam, been there loads of times and NEVER managed to find a cheap hotel. Good luck.

If you look slightly out of amsterdam centre you can pick up some good deals, I went for 4 days, and stopped in a business hotel, hence it was qiuet at weekends, and it was only a 10 minute tram ride to Dam square.

Original Poster

Yeah, cheers for that!! Booked the flights months ago and just assumed the hotel prices would come down with special offers a bit closer to the time.................:roll:

But they're not, can't find any deals, so a bit worried about leaving it much longer though in case all the cheapER places get booked up.

What sort of budget do you have and how many people?
    If you let me know I will have a scout about for you, it sometimes works out cheaper to rent a private apartment as this can be much cheaper.
    Would you stay in someones house, in a room they are letting out? as these can be very cheap but really nice.

Original Poster

DKLS;7443570

If you look slightly out of amsterdam centre you can pick up some good … If you look slightly out of amsterdam centre you can pick up some good deals, I went for 4 days, and stopped in a business hotel, hence it was qiuet at weekends, and it was only a 10 minute tram ride to Dam square.

Thanks. Remember the name of it???

Original Poster

Spooki;7443575

What sort of budget do you have and how many people? If you let me know … What sort of budget do you have and how many people? If you let me know I will have a scout about for you, it sometimes works out cheaper to rent a private apartment as this can be much cheaper. Would you stay in someones house, in a room they are letting out? as these can be very cheap but really nice.

Ooh, never thought of that, guess I'd consider it. There's 2 of us. And as for the budget, I was kinda hoping for something about £50 a night, but I can see that's highly unlikely! So up to £70. Thanks, really appreciate it. I've been looking on hotels.com etc but the cheap hotels on there have dreadful reviews, I don't mind slumming it a bit but it's at least gotta be clean...............

Original Poster

ainsleyb;7443588

http://www.budgetplaces.com/eg_offer_list.php?checkin=2010-04-22&checkout=2010-04-25&city_id=3&guests=2&sort_by=pppn

Thanks, checking it out now

I've sent you a pm with some info

pandapops;7443580

Thanks. Remember the name of it???

Erm sorry no was a tad mashed for that trip :whistling:

Original Poster

DKLS;7443722

Erm sorry no was a tad mashed for that trip :whistling:

Haha, excellent, well done!! :-D

try [url]www.citymundo.com[/url], sometimes they have some quite nice apartments on for varying prices

Not cheap I am afraid, but I would highly recommend the Krasnapolsky Hotel. It is right on Dam Square and is fantastic.

We were there a couple of years ago for NYE.

Amsterdam is awesome, might go back for Xmas this year.

Original Poster

Faldiver;7447829

Not cheap I am afraid, but I would highly recommend the Krasnapolsky … Not cheap I am afraid, but I would highly recommend the Krasnapolsky Hotel. It is right on Dam Square and is fantastic. We were there a couple of years ago for NYE.Amsterdam is awesome, might go back for Xmas this year.

Oooooh! Nice!! But over £500 for 3 nights???!! Waaaaay beyond my budget I'm afraid. I'm usually a Travelodge kinda gal, and even then I expect cashback :-D

If you come across any discount codes for the Krasnapolsky let me know ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Samsung mid-range mobile phone?11
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!99
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?35

See more discussions