Amy Winehouse Booed on Stage...

30 replies
Found 19th Jun 2011
Amy Winehouse has been booed by crowds in Serbia's capital Belgrade after appearing to be too drunk to perform.

The concert was due to kick off her 12-day European tour, but was not the performance that 20,000 fans had hoped to see.

bbc.co.uk/new…023

1. Misc
  2. Wine
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Wine
30 Comments

Read the link, and it doesn't seem she was booed offstage

thesaint

Amy Winehouse has been booed by crowds in Serbia's capital Belgrade after appearing to be too drunk to perform.

Kinda does!

thesaint

Boo Boo GET OFF!

bitseylango

off her faceon youtube

lol at that link... what a state

jasonodell

Kinda does!

She either was, or she wasn't. There is nothing in the report that says she was.

wow what a 'performance'

Original Poster

thesaint

stop being so pedantic!

Banned

Sadly she's an alcoholic and she seems to have anxiety issues related to performing, which is a shame because she is a talented songwriter.

It must be reassuring for mediocre people to have such obvious flaws to criticise.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Sadly she's an alcoholic and she seems to have anxiety issues related to … Sadly she's an alcoholic and she seems to have anxiety issues related to performing, which is a shame because she is a talented songwriter.It must be reassuring for mediocre people to have such obvious flaws to criticise.

No she isn't. She's a disgrace.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

No she isn't. She's a disgrace.

Whilst I disagree with the idea that she isn't a talented songwriter (backed up by things such as Grammy awards and Ivor Novello awards which I'm sure will be derided as per) I'm not entirely sure what she's a disgrace to?

She's just carrying on a long tradition of artists becoming addicted to substance abuse. It's one of the great tragedies that the personality and pain that is needed to become an artist invariably lends itself to drugs, alcohol etc.
Edited by: "FilthAndFurry" 19th Jun 2011

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Whilst I disagree with the idea that she isn't a talented songwriter … Whilst I disagree with the idea that she isn't a talented songwriter (backed up by things such as Grammy awards and Ivor Novello awards which I'm sure will be derided as per) I'm not entirely sure what she's a disgrace to?She's just carrying on a long tradition of artists becoming addicted to substance abuse. It's one of the great tragedies that the personality and pain that is needed to become an artist invariably lends itself to drugs, alcohol etc.

Two words... Cliff Richard!

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Two words... Cliff Richard!

Because he clearly doesn't have issues......oO

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Because he clearly doesn't have issues......oO

Another two... Nana Mouskouri, Daniel O Donnell.

You my friend have failed.

what I think FF is saying with his comments is that the drugs and booze goes with the trade (still debatable imo)
Most artists are smart enough to be clean (or cleanish) whilst performing so she is failing on that front.

FilthAndFurry

It must be reassuring for mediocre people to have such obvious flaws to … It must be reassuring for mediocre people to have such obvious flaws to criticise.

Take it back

Banned

Joey Bloggsy

what I think FF is saying with his comments is that the drugs and booze … what I think FF is saying with his comments is that the drugs and booze goes with the trade (still debatable imo)

Indeed - most artists are damaged people. They tend to look for the extremes of the human condition which is what makes them so interesting, but also leaves them exposed to substance abuse.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Another two... Nana Mouskouri, Daniel O Donnell.You my friend have failed.

Two of those are devout aren't they?

Cliff Richard is so damaged/religious that he can't even be honest about his sexuality. One could say that substance abuse and religious fervour are two sides of the same coin.

Throw in Tom Cruise and Prince if you want too.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Indeed - most artists are damaged people. They tend to look for the … Indeed - most artists are damaged people. They tend to look for the extremes of the human condition which is what makes them so interesting, but also leaves them exposed to substance abuse.

Which is absolute bull. Regardless of any innate desire to experience extremes, we do have something called self control. It is the self control that is lacking from idiots who are in a position to think they can do what they want.

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Two of those are devout aren't they?Cliff Richard is so damaged/religious … Two of those are devout aren't they?Cliff Richard is so damaged/religious that he can't even be honest about his sexuality. One could say that substance abuse and religious fervour are two sides of the same coin.Throw in Tom Cruise and Prince if you want too.

I was being pedantic.

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Which is absolute bull. Regardless of any innate desire to experience … Which is absolute bull. Regardless of any innate desire to experience extremes, we do have something called self control. It is the self control that is lacking from idiots who are in a position to think they can do what they want.

Ok, you think it's absolute bull.

Morrissey.

Banned

skusey

Morrissey.

The obvious exception. Has similar issues with sexuality as Cliff Richard.

Maybe we should put Amy Winehouse in a closet to keep her away from drugs.

Sloth/Mod

Hadn't heard about her for a while..........assumed she was dead.

Banned

Syzable

Hadn't heard about her for a while..........assumed she was dead.

The Daily Mail are hoping so - they don't like drug users who have successful careers.

The only things worse are foreigners and women with cellulite.

FilthAndFurry

The obvious exception. Has similar issues with sexuality as Cliff … The obvious exception. Has similar issues with sexuality as Cliff Richard.Maybe we should put Amy Winehouse in a closet to keep her away from drugs.

Celibacy is not really an issue with your sexuality.X)

She's a disgrace. Nobodys fault but her own.

Banned

Bennie

She's a disgrace. Nobodys fault but her own.

You're a disgrace.

Alcohol and Marijuana before you go on stage.

What ever happened to a big line of Amphetamine!

FilthAndFurry

You're a disgrace.

OK

Banned

thesaint

She either was, or she wasn't. There is nothing in the report that says … She either was, or she wasn't. There is nothing in the report that says she was.

Probably wise to do a bit of research if you want to challenge. She was booed off stage. FACT
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244922
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1321

See more discussions