An alternative to eBay for selling high-value goods?

Found 2nd Oct 2017
So I've decided to sell my Macbook and although eBay is a grey area, I've yet to have an issue selling anything.

With PayPal in place and eBay I feel somewhat more safer than allowing some randomer collect it with potentially fake notes.

I've listed it on Gumtree and Facebook but wondering where else I could target.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
You could try selling on Amazon. The person has to pay you first before you ship the item. Amazon's fees are a bit higher but I've had less trouble than selling on Fleabay.
Edited by: "Decoded" 2nd Oct 2017
Original Poster
Decoded2 m ago

You could try selling on Amazon. The person has to pay you first before …You could try selling on Amazon. The person has to pay you first before you ship the item. Amazon's fees are a bit higher but I've had less trouble than selling on Fleabay.

Interesting, I never thought about that. I can't really find anything on... how to sell though - just if I want to shop as a seller with a shop, for example.
You should feel far from safe with eBay and Paypal.
M0nk3h18 m ago

Interesting, I never thought about that. I can't really find anything …Interesting, I never thought about that. I can't really find anything on... how to sell though - just if I want to shop as a seller with a shop, for example.

Type in an item you want to look at. You'll see the Amazon price then lower down it'll say New and Used or offers. Click on that and it'll ask if you have one for sale. You have to be a member on Amazon though to sell.
Edited by: "Decoded" 2nd Oct 2017
Original Poster
Decoded26 m ago

Type in an item you want to look at. You'll see the Amazon price then …Type in an item you want to look at. You'll see the Amazon price then lower down it'll say New and Used or offers. Click on that and it'll ask if you have one for sale. You have to be a member on Amazon though to sell.

Oh yeah I can find that but I'm not sure how you apply to sell.
Av forums has a great classifieds section and lots of people sell high value items. Mods are quick to issue trading bans if strict rules aren’t followed and depending on where you live, you may well find a buyer who wants to meet in person (somewhere public) to inspect and pay in cash. Other times people pay half up front and half on receipt via PayPal (although as a seller on eBay I feel quite exposed by PayPal’s buyer guarantee - so for high value would prefer to sell in person).
Original Poster
bluep4 m ago

Av forums has a great classifieds section and lots of people sell high …Av forums has a great classifieds section and lots of people sell high value items. Mods are quick to issue trading bans if strict rules aren’t followed and depending on where you live, you may well find a buyer who wants to meet in person (somewhere public) to inspect and pay in cash. Other times people pay half up front and half on receipt via PayPal (although as a seller on eBay I feel quite exposed by PayPal’s buyer guarantee - so for high value would prefer to sell in person).

Cheers for the advice, I'll defo take a look at AV Forums!
Try or look around Buuy.co.uk. It's free to list items for sale ~ tell your friends/family too

buuy.co.uk

An upcoming market place, with Paypal security.

Good luck
Edited by: "Zixxxx" 2nd Oct 2017
You'll definitely get the best price for it on ebay and wait for a sell for a quid weekend offer to maximise the return. Just make sure you note the exact spec and photograph the serial numbers of all removable parts avoid being scammed. I've sold plenty on ebay with very little issue like yourself. Post it by special delivery. Caution is the watchword.

Another alternative is to sell it at CEX. Simpler and quicker but you won't get as much.
buyer could always pay via paypal on collection.Just ask to pay via friends and family to save on fees.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions