An appropriate sentence?

Found 9th Sep 2017
Do you think this scummy individual who stated " lets kill all muslims" received an appropriate sentence?

bbc.co.uk/new…060

As a self proclaimed snowflake I think the one year sentence was way over the top.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
How many Muslims receive sentences for marching holding placards saying to behead all those who insult Islam, or calling for war an Islamic state, or the death of the 'crusaders'?
64 Comments
I have no time for Islam, but I don't see the sentence as being over the top, in fact it might be a bit lenient. Calling for the murder of people of religion or none is a crime that should be harshly punished. I don't mind snowflakes, it's just when they join together and get slushy that they bother me.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 9th Sep 2017
"No harmful consequences appear to have resulted but his intention was clear and he pleaded guilty once he saw the CPS's case against him.

=

1 year
Original Poster
Predikuesi50 m ago

I have no time for Islam, but I don't see the sentence as being over the …I have no time for Islam, but I don't see the sentence as being over the top, in fact it might be a bit lenient. Calling for the murder of people of religion or none is a crime that should be harshly punished. I don't mind snowflakes, it's just when they join together and get slushy that they bother me.

Have you ever said/typed stuff under the influence that you regret the next day?
Original Poster
If the individual had said "lets kill all christians" would he have received a one year sentence? Not in a million years......
RedLozzer3 m ago

Have you ever said/typed stuff under the influence that you regret the …Have you ever said/typed stuff under the influence that you regret the next day?

he was also under the influence of cocaine - something which (if caught in possession) on it's own could land him with more than 1 year
RedLozzer27 m ago

Have you ever said/typed stuff under the influence that you regret the …Have you ever said/typed stuff under the influence that you regret the next day?

He didn't regret it the next day, when the police came to investigate if anything he went further. If he had shown any remorse they probably would have just given him a ticking off.
RedLozzer28 m ago

That's easy for me to answer since I don't drink or use narcotics, though I might still regret what I said or wrote yesterday.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 9th Sep 2017
Sentence seems a bit excessive.
How many Muslims receive sentences for marching holding placards saying to behead all those who insult Islam, or calling for war an Islamic state, or the death of the 'crusaders'?
I don't understand why the judge kept banging on about racism for, since when has being a Muslim been considered a race.
It doesn't say much for the judge if he is sentencing the accused for a crime he hasn't committed!
And the judge had the cheek to point out the defendants lack of knowledge.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 9th Sep 2017
Dyslexic_Dog11 m ago

I don't understand why the judge kept banging on about racism for, since …I don't understand why the judge kept banging on about racism for, since when has being a Muslim been considered a race.It doesn't say much for the judge if he is sentencing the accused for a crime he hasn't committed!And the judge had the cheek to point out the defendants lack of knowledge.

Is it racist for picking on Jews?
What's that got to do with the case?
Dyslexic_Dog49 m ago

What's that got to do with the case?

Wondering what your definition of race and racism was.
Destard59 m ago

Wondering what your definition of race and racism was.

Muslims can be and are, all races.
Destard4 h, 9 m ago

Sentence seems a bit excessive.

I agree, when you compare it to the sentence these Muslims got for physically attacking white Christians in Liverpool a few months ago.

liverpoolecho.co.uk/new…508
shadey1213 m ago

I agree, when you compare it to the sentence these Muslims got for …I agree, when you compare it to the sentence these Muslims got for physically attacking white Christians in Liverpool a few months ago.http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/muslim-gang-who-attacked-white-13407508

Really you should call them brown Muslims or something if you're saying white Christians?
Doesn't sound great though does it.
I'm not following you around Shadey, but wind your neck in a bit please.
Cr0m1 m ago

Really you should call them brown Muslims or something if you're saying …Really you should call them brown Muslims or something if you're saying white Christians?Doesn't sound great though does it.I'm not following you around Shadey, but wind your neck in a bit please.

Try reading the article before jumping the gun,
Then maybe wind yours in.
shadey1213 m ago

Try reading the article before jumping the gun,Then maybe wind yours in.

I did read it. It's disgraceful.
There's probably some bigot posting the same about Christian thugs in hot Pakistani deals misc to, to what end?
Cr0m5 m ago

I did read it. It's disgraceful.There's probably some bigot posting the …I did read it. It's disgraceful.There's probably some bigot posting the same about Christian thugs in hot Pakistani deals misc to, to what end?

If you want to make any direct accusations, go for it.
Beating about the bush is not a great trait.
Personally I'm all for equality and think everyone should be treated the same regardless of race, religion or gender.
Maybe you think differently, who knows.
Islam isn't a race.
Islamophobia isn't specifically racism.

Islamophobia and racism do however go hand in hand, and it's incredibly rare to come across one without the other...
shadey121 h, 21 m ago

I agree, when you compare it to the sentence these Muslims got for …I agree, when you compare it to the sentence these Muslims got for physically attacking white Christians in Liverpool a few months ago.http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/muslim-gang-who-attacked-white-13407508

You forgot to consider the Equality Act 2010 where it says everything should be equal but it doesn't actually mean that.
shadey1249 m ago

If you want to make any direct accusations, go for it.Beating about the …If you want to make any direct accusations, go for it.Beating about the bush is not a great trait. Personally I'm all for equality and think everyone should be treated the same regardless of race, religion or gender.Maybe you think differently, who knows.

Oh you mention it now..... to late
I blame you
Thousands of people have posted the same thing, thus guy was unlucky.
Get less for grooming children.
shadey125 h, 24 m ago

If you want to make any direct accusations, go for it.Beating about the …If you want to make any direct accusations, go for it.Beating about the bush is not a great trait. Personally I'm all for equality and think everyone should be treated the same regardless of race, religion or gender.Maybe you think differently, who knows.

I don't beat around the bush. If you or anyone else makes an openly racist comment and I'm around I'll call it, don't worry. I don't think you're a racist for what it's worth, I ain't seen it.

If you were in favour of equality you wouldn't post isolated cases like you've been doing, simple as. You'd be looking at attacks on religious groups on the whole and posting about people attacking Muslims as well, which, as we know, happens a lot. You don't.
Edited by: "Cr0m" 10th Sep 2017
Cr0m20 m ago

I don't beat around the bush. If you or anyone else makes an openly racist …I don't beat around the bush. If you or anyone else makes an openly racist comment and I'm around I'll call it, don't worry. I don't think you're a racist for what it's worth, I ain't seen it. If you were in favour of equality you wouldn't post isolated cases like you've been doing, simple as. You'd be looking at attacks on religious groups on the whole and posting about people attacking Muslims as well, which, as we know, happens a lot. You don't.

See my thread posted from February this year.
Edited by: "shadey12" 10th Sep 2017
Cr0m2 h, 32 m ago

If you were in favour of equality you wouldn't post isolated cases like …If you were in favour of equality you wouldn't post isolated cases like you've been doing, simple as.

I would suggest the fact there are so many 'isolated' case's' is evidence that they're not in fact 'isolated', but rather very much related.
Cr0m8 h, 22 m ago

Really you should call them brown Muslims or something if you're saying …Really you should call them brown Muslims or something if you're saying white Christians?Doesn't sound great though does it.I'm not following you around Shadey, but wind your neck in a bit please.

From the report: confessed to “targeting people because they were white and non-Muslim”
tryn2help23 m ago

I would suggest the fact there are so many 'isolated' case's' is evidence …I would suggest the fact there are so many 'isolated' case's' is evidence that they're not in fact 'isolated', but rather very much related.

Well please feel free to highlight the others, within the context of well publicised anti-muslim attacks of course.
And tell shadey to use quote marks, not me 😊
Edited by: "Cr0m" 10th Sep 2017
tryn2help5 h, 18 m ago

From the report: confessed to “targeting people because they were white a …From the report: confessed to “targeting people because they were white and non-Muslim”

You've just quoted and bolded the parts that are exactly what -Crom- was saying...
:\
Edited by: "Erubadhron" 10th Sep 2017
Cr0m1 h, 40 m ago

Well please feel free to highlight the others, within the context of well …Well please feel free to highlight the others, within the context of well publicised anti-muslim attacks of course.And tell shadey to use quote marks, not me 😊

You made the point he's been highlighting isolated cases, thus suggesting there is more than just the one isolated case (unless he's been highlighting the same case repeatedly - in which case it would be an isolated case - but, he's not doing that, is he?).
My point was if there are many cases perhaps they aren't isolated but rather related.

That aside, I find the actions of the chap who was jailed despicable and we as a society must do everything in our power to stop this sort of despicable behaviour - though I'm far from convinced jailing him is the answer.

He certainly needs an education and perhaps anger management etc - and I doubt he'll get any of the sort of things he needs in jail - more than likely to come out far worse than he went in.

I'd go so far as to say a similar response should be applied to the lads in the Echo report - education, anger management etc, but I very much doubt I'll get any support for that idea.

The thing that seems to be upsetting peeps here (this sentence highlighted by the Op) is the apparently unjust justice system, wherein peeps are seeing what looks like one law for some and another law for others.

That is most definitely something that needs to be addressed if we are have any faith in our justice system - it would be a massive calamity if the public were to lose faith in our system of justice - we cannot underestimate how bad that would be for society.
Thus, we can understand their very real concern.

Lastly, you mention anti-muslim attacks.
In my opinion (from what I've read) unfortunately they're on the rise, but so too are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish, anti-justabouteveryreligious faith attacks - and it's not just the religious who are seeing a rise in attacks upon them, but also other sections of society such as the disabled, the elderly, the non-hetrosexuals etc.

What we are seeing is a very divided society quick to attack each other verbally and physically - and along with that - for whatever reason, we're seeing this fact being denied/under-reported/swept under the carpet.

We've got problems, and we're NOT dealing with them.
Erubadhron1 h, 2 m ago

You've just quoted and bolded the parts that are exactly what Coek was …You've just quoted and bolded the parts that are exactly what Coek was saying...:\

I didn't even know Coek was in the thread - Multi?

Read the Echo report, Erubadhron, I didn't quote anything from Coek - I quoted the report.
I bolded the reason I thought Shadey may have been led to write the word 'white'.

Chill, and please do have a nice relaxing day. God bless.
philphil6111 h, 41 m ago

You forgot to consider the Equality Act 2010 where it says everything …You forgot to consider the Equality Act 2010 where it says everything should be equal but it doesn't actually mean that.

So do tell us what it actually does mean then, since you seem to imply knowledge of the legal system greater than that possessed by those that produced the laws.
Destard11 m ago

So do tell us what it actually does mean then, since you seem to imply …So do tell us what it actually does mean then, since you seem to imply knowledge of the legal system greater than that possessed by those that produced the laws.

Zero point in me explaining when you have the opportunity to study the act yourself and read about the injustice

Please see tryntohelp's comment above. I'll quote the section here just to make it easier for you

"The thing that seems to be upsetting peeps here (this sentence highlighted by the Op) is the apparently unjust justice system, wherein peeps are seeing what looks like one law for some and another law for others.

That is most definitely something that needs to be addressed if we are have any faith in our justice system - it would be a massive calamity if the public were to lose faith in our system of justice - we cannot underestimate how bad that would be for society.
Thus, we can understand their very real concern."
Seems like they are making an example of him... Good
tryn2help3 h, 15 m ago

I didn't even know Coek was in the thread - Multi?Read the Echo report, …I didn't even know Coek was in the thread - Multi?Read the Echo report, Erubadhron, I didn't quote anything from Coek - I quoted the report. I bolded the reason I thought Shadey may have been led to write the word 'white'.Chill, and please do have a nice relaxing day. God bless.

I meant Crom.
Erubadhron21 m ago

I meant Crom.

I wish people would read articles.
shadey121 m ago

I wish people would read articles.

I did... :\
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions