Groups

An ebook for the visual impaired?

Hi Guys,
    An looking ot get an ebook, but am not sure what is the best out in the market. I have a visual impairment which affects me with small print, so am looking to get an ebook that i can increase the font of. Am also not wanting alot of glare from the ebook, as this can result in straining my eyes to read material and result in headaches.

If anyone could suggest any ebooks that would suit the nature of my disability, i would be grateful.

Regards

Andy

8 Comments

Have a look at the kindle, I think you can make the fonts bigger and has anti-glare screen.

You must be looking for an ebook reader rather than just an ebook.

The kindle is very nice. Or you could just put audio books on an mp3 player.

my sony psr300 has three different sizes of text

large is pretty big on most of the novels i've read

best idea is nip into waterstones and try one out

think they're about £100 now

very nice quality bit of kit

Original Poster

With the kindle, do you just have the option of getting the books from amazon or can you get them anywhere else?

Banned

skullcreature

With the kindle, do you just have the option of getting the books from … With the kindle, do you just have the option of getting the books from amazon or can you get them anywhere else?

amazon used to be locked to kindle

slate.com/id/…20/

sony reader will do any format you throw at it as far as i can see

use calibre as a conversion programme

got about 300 books on mine at present, plenty of choice

amazon.com/gp/…311
    a free Kindle aplication to download onto your pc. I know its not portable (unless you have a laptop which is still going to be bulky), but yuo casn set the font to whatever size you require.

amazon.co.uk/s/r…031

for free kindle books

All this taken from MSE so cant vouch for it personally. Hope its some use to someone-( sorry cant post links.)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261381
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.411
      3. word association Game74044574
      4. Giffgaff New goodybags33

See more discussions