Groups

An English person playing Scotty in Star Trek?

Simon Pegg has been chosen to play Scotty in the new Star Trek movie based on the early years.

Um SCOTTY more like ENGLISHY

And the original was Irish Canadian

Stereotypes for the win!

8 Comments

i reckon he will be great. he even looks like a scotty,

So, the Enterprise is very near to becoming full.

Spock: Zachary Quinto
    Uhura: Zoe Saldana
    Chekhov: Anton Yelchin
    Scotty: Simon Pegg
    Sulu: John Cho
    Captain Kirk: Chris Pine (Rumour!)
    The Villain: Eric Bana
    So that just leaves only first Enterprise Captain, Christopher Pike, Kirk’s parents and Bones.

What do you think of the casting?

I have never heard of most of them!!!

Rockhound

So, the Enterprise is very near to becoming full. Spock: Zachary … So, the Enterprise is very near to becoming full. Spock: Zachary QuintoUhura: Zoe Saldana Chekhov: Anton Yelchin Scotty: Simon Pegg Sulu: John Cho Captain Kirk: Chris Pine (Rumour!) The Villain: Eric Bana So that just leaves only first Enterprise Captain, Christopher Pike, Kirk’s parents and Bones.What do you think of the casting? I have never heard of most of them!!!

Oh...and before I get accused of being a complete anorak...I googled the rest of the post to see who the heck Simon Pegg was. :giggle:

ryouga

Simon Pegg has been chosen to play Scotty in the new Star Trek movie … Simon Pegg has been chosen to play Scotty in the new Star Trek movie based on the early years.Um SCOTTY more like ENGLISHYAnd the original was Irish CanadianStereotypes for the win!

It could be worse I suppose at least he's British, so are they going for the cheesy comedy aspect of Star Trek with this piece of casting do you think? Scotty wouldn't be the same if he actually sounded scottish IMO :w00t: :giggle:

Rockhound

So, the Enterprise is very near to becoming full. Spock: Zachary … So, the Enterprise is very near to becoming full. Spock: Zachary QuintoUhura: Zoe Saldana Chekhov: Anton Yelchin Scotty: Simon Pegg Sulu: John Cho Captain Kirk: Chris Pine (Rumour!) The Villain: Eric Bana So that just leaves only first Enterprise Captain, Christopher Pike, Kirk’s parents and Bones.What do you think of the casting? I have never heard of most of them!!!

I've only heard of Simon Pegg and Eric Bana.

Dumb idea tbh simon pegg as scotty -- his first serious role in mi3 didnt really go well just seemed like he was trying to make the script funny when it wasnt

They should have used Dr. Carson Beckett from Stargate Atlantis to play Scotty!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3d/Carson_Beckett_%28Stargate%29.jpg/250px-Carson_Beckett_%28Stargate%29.jpg

I reserve my judgment till i hear him talk with a "Scottish" accent lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky22
      2. When is the next Howdens Joinery sale?11
      3. Xbox one region23
      4. Legal advice?56

See more discussions