Groups

An Odd Request :)........Looking for a job

Hi guys thanks for looking,

I have currently been working as a chef for the past 4 years but i have always wanted to work in IT, Either fixing computers or networking anything really.

I just wanted some advice on where to find and apply for jobs. Looking to work in london as thats where the biggest opportunities are.

I would obviously be looking to start off as a trainee and would progress up.

I tried jobserve.com but all i apply to never really answer back

Thanks and look forward to your replys.

1 Comment

The problem is that employers want 'ready-made' people as they don't want to incur the costs of training.

Your best bet is to do a course at the local college/adult education centre. That way, even if you don't have a qualification, you can always say that you have experience.

Offer to help friends out & claim that as experience as well. Is there a local shop/person that fixes PCs etc? Ask them if you can work part-time (if necessary without pay).

With I.T. experience really does count more than qualifications when it comes to getting a job:thumbsup:

Oh, and good luck!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1216
      2. One for the mathmeticians1219
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671415
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941350

See more discussions