Analogue Radio... with Digital Display

7 replies
Found 3rd Jan 2015
Having issues tracking one down. I need an analogue radio with a digital display to see what frequency you are tuned in too. Needs to be battery operated. Any time I add digital to a radio in a search I get a DAB which is what I don't need.

I'm going to use the radio to track down REIN which has ruined my internet for last 4 months.

Please Help

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. Radio
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Radio
7 Comments

Argos. Bush Personal Radio

Original Poster

stuarthanley

Argos. Bush Personal Radio

Argos. Why did I not look here.

Perfect. Cheers!

Ive got this particular radio. Its spot on

Original Poster

kester76

Have you checked http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm ?

Yeah I have. Have you had any problems. Any tips greatly appreciated. I work in IT so I'm not an idiot.... which is if course what BT and PLUSNET assume all the time when I complain

Got my 9th BT engineer coming on Monday.....

robinewing

Yeah I have. Have you had any problems. Any tips greatly appreciated. … Yeah I have. Have you had any problems. Any tips greatly appreciated. I work in IT so I'm not an idiot.... which is if course what BT and PLUSNET assume all the time when I complainGot my 9th BT engineer coming on Monday.....

sorry I'm with virgin media and I've not heard of this problem until now. I guess you've spoken to neighbours to see if they have similar issues. Was shocked to hear that dirty mains can cause the same issues. Have you tried it with yours mains off using a neighbours electricity on a mains extension. That should completely rule out your house.

Original Poster

I've not... but its a new build apartment. As far as I can tell some others have the problem. I've had 2 cables run from downstairs to my apartment. I've had a new master socket installed. I'm pretty sure that the builders have put a power line in the ducting with all the phone lines but I'm not sure. I want to investigate.

The symptoms are... it works at about 4-5 Mbps but when using it the ADSL loses sync or something and it drops. Its ok whilst browsing but when using it for "live" internet like Skygo or playing video games online where no buffering is possible it just doesn't work.

Having studied graphs from my router ad nauseum I can't really work out anything. Its sometimes totally fine between 1 and 5 am.... so there may be something coming on etc that I'm overlooking.

Also.... I enjoy living in the centre of a big city where every street around has fibre... but the new build apartments don't even have ADSL.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769478
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812

See more discussions