Groups

And I think I have problems,

Just watching panorama, employees working 70+ hours a week 18 days straight, sleeping on assembly lines, DYING! through exhaustion, screamed at and beaten if they were not fast enough. forced to go to meetings before adn after shifts for no pay.

All so Apple can massively over charge you.

imagine working 8am - 2am for days on end.

We can moan about the UK but lets face it we have a pretty good thing going for the vast majority of us.

APPLE should be ashamed.

27 Comments

I watched that also, disgusted at what I saw.

Is it actually Apple or their suppliers?

I had to logon top the PC, I couldn't see this properly on my iPH6

Face it all supply chains these days are full of dishonest, illegal, dangerous practices. I don't for one condone anything the program uncovered. However I also can't see how the top of the food chain can enforce every step of the process.

Lions eat meat, they don't think about the Zebra that ate the grass that a warthog previously dumped on.

Also if you think Apple is alone in this, you can pretty much guarantee every manufacturer is in someway. Apple is just an easy target. I expect the Android Evangelists to have visited before I post this. Look at the recent questionable tactics raised recently about food manufacturers. Where is the thread about Dairy farmers being paid less than cost for their milk? Eh?

Original Poster

Daaaavvveee

Is it actually Apple or their suppliers?

Apples suppliers, but lets be honest here, do Apple care?

Original Poster

Oneday77

I had to logon top the PC, I couldn't see this properly on my iPH6Face it … I had to logon top the PC, I couldn't see this properly on my iPH6Face it all supply chains these days are full of dishonest, illegal, dangerous practices. I don't for one condone anything the program uncovered. However I also can't see how the top of the food chain can enforce every step of the process.Lions eat meat, they don't think about the Zebra that ate the grass that a warthog previously dumped on.Also if you think Apple is alone in this, you can pretty much guarantee every manufacturer is in someway. Apple is just an easy target. I expect the Android Evangelists to have visited before I post this. Look at the recent questionable tactics raised recently about food manufacturers. Where is the thread about Dairy farmers being paid less than cost for their milk? Eh?

No i agree they are all as bad...

Banned

Oneday77

I had to logon top the PC, I couldn't see this properly on my iPH6Face it … I had to logon top the PC, I couldn't see this properly on my iPH6Face it all supply chains these days are full of dishonest, illegal, dangerous practices. I don't for one condone anything the program uncovered. However I also can't see how the top of the food chain can enforce every step of the process.Lions eat meat, they don't think about the Zebra that ate the grass that a warthog previously dumped on.Also if you think Apple is alone in this, you can pretty much guarantee every manufacturer is in someway. Apple is just an easy target. I expect the Android Evangelists to have visited before I post this. Look at the recent questionable tactics raised recently about food manufacturers. Where is the thread about Dairy farmers being paid less than cost for their milk? Eh?

that analogy is superb!

Old news dressed up as sensational journalism.

haritori

Apples suppliers, but lets be honest here, do Apple care?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but should they? Obviously what happens to them is bad,but its not Apples fault.

Terrible and sad

Those First World problem meme's posted weren't to be sociable.

that program would have been sponsored by Samsung or another Apple rival to put people of buying Apple products the truth is that people working in majority of Asian factories for big corporations are being exploited every day with PRC on the lead and nothing is going to change people in those countries will not go on strike in fear from obvious reasons and will not gain any new employee rights and unless we end spending our money on everything from clothing, tvs, phones the circle of evil will never end just wanted to add that personally I don't owe any. Apple products.

Original Poster

Daaaavvveee

I don't mean to sound harsh, but should they? Obviously what happens to … I don't mean to sound harsh, but should they? Obviously what happens to them is bad,but its not Apples fault.

Well it is, because 1 example

the Tin that Apple sources, they state that they go deep into the production line to check for illegal sourcing, yet the reporter spent 2 days looking and found links from the sources Apple use to illegal mining where kids are being employed and are dying under the dangers.

Apple states its an ethical employer, yet if they are sourcing materials from suppliers who use illegal sourcing then they should be held accountable.

Least they have suicide nets at the contractors factory now....Apple cares

Edited by: "DeanoLfc5" 18th Dec 2014

Here in what is known as the civilized world if we have the right amount of money we can buy what we want big tv's smart phone gold or diamonds but the people at the beginning of this process you can be sure that they ain't getting the money that we are paying for these products!

imagine how expensive they'd be if done legally so its not all bad. plus i pay a fortune for chinese takeaway and its really cheap for them

clostridium_botulinum

Old news dressed up as sensational journalism.

old but still fresh may this be reminder of other people's suffering for our benefits shame but that's how the world works

They are there by choice, not forced labour.

Original Poster

pretty cold hearted opinions in here. i wonder if you would feel the same if you or your family were lived in these countries?

[edit]

were lived in?

you know what i meant.
    Edited by: "haritori" 18th Dec 2014

elliott1982

imagine how expensive they'd be if done legally so its not all bad. plus … imagine how expensive they'd be if done legally so its not all bad. plus i pay a fortune for chinese takeaway and its really cheap for them

Academia has spoken.

Bad Apple

haritori

pretty cold hearted opinions in here. i wonder if you would feel the same … pretty cold hearted opinions in here. i wonder if you would feel the same if you or your family were lived in these countries?

Really surprised? IME a significant proportion of people are greedy, self-centered sociopaths. Comments are pretty much in line with my expectations.

elliott1982

imagine how expensive they'd be if done legally so its not all bad. plus … imagine how expensive they'd be if done legally so its not all bad. plus i pay a fortune for chinese takeaway and its really cheap for them

Alternatively, why don't you cook your own meals & save your money. No one is forcing you to eat Chinese. It's there as a choice. You would have paed far more in sit-in restaurant. I guess you never owned a business before? Could have, should have trained as a Chinese Chef.

Funny though, couple of weeks ago I was at a cafe with my old folks with 3x hot drinks & bacon seeded sandwich for breakfast that cost me £8+ oO The flaming liberty to charge me that much but I was pushed for time for a wedding.
    Edited by: "veedubjai" 19th Dec 2014

Apple, rotten to the core.

Apple have more money then the American treasury, they charge an extortionate amount for something they pay $60 each for in parts and labour, bout time they stopped being greedy evil buggers, wehave been watching tv shows and reports from those factories for years, the riots may have ended but the bad practice hasn't, Microsoft need holding to account too, they use the same company, they too have their own factories with suicide nets only difference is as far as I know Apple haven't had any deaths from explosions in the lithium departments but I could be wrong.

I don't own any Apple stuff, I'm not stupid enough to pay silly money for the same components everyone else uses masquerading as something special just because they made a few modifications to BSD.

Banned

Error440

Apple have more money then the American treasury, they charge an … Apple have more money then the American treasury, they charge an extortionate amount for something they pay $60 each for in parts and labour, bout time they stopped being greedy evil buggers, wehave been watching tv shows and reports from those factories for years, the riots may have ended but the bad practice hasn't, Microsoft need holding to account too, they use the same company, they too have their own factories with suicide nets only difference is as far as I know Apple haven't had any deaths from explosions in the lithium departments but I could be wrong.I don't own any Apple stuff, I'm not stupid enough to pay silly money for the same components everyone else uses masquerading as something special just because they made a few modifications to BSD.

Supply and demand.
    So long as people are happy to hand over stupid amounts of money for something then you'll continue to see those items being sold at those stupid prices.
    This applies to more than just Apple.

The margin Apple are making means they could change this and act with a little more humanity.

haritori

pretty cold hearted opinions in here. i wonder if you would feel the same … pretty cold hearted opinions in here. i wonder if you would feel the same if you or your family were lived in these countries?[edit]were lived in?you know what i meant.

You are saying that people are cold hearted, but then make a ridiculous statement about how living in certain countries (like China) is such a terrible thing. Its a big place, not just one massive hole.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions