Andrew James Health Bar Maker

Found 7th Jan 2013
andrewjamesworldwide.com/Pro…ar1

saw this health bar maker on the Andrew James website, anyone given this a try, as I think it would be brilliant to make some protein bars.
Community Updates
MiscProtein
13 Comments
If you are considering buying this for to help your new years resolution to get fit and healthy, just give up and go to McDonald's, you have no hope.
Isnt this the same sort of thing at half the price?
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t
isn't it the mix thats hard not the bake?
whatsThePoint

how to make a health barspend 2 secs typing into google for health bar … how to make a health barspend 2 secs typing into google for health bar recipesspend 10 mins choosing which one to makego shopping for ingredients mix ingredients in a bowlput mix in oven to cook cut cooked mix into squares or a different shapetbh none of the steps look that hard

in theory yes, but id imagine most of them taste crap or aren't any healthier than stuff off the shelf.

last bars i made were gazOOOooooooOOOo brains bars - those are a hard mix as incredibly sticky
whatsThePoint

i'd say home made would be a far better choice as its easy to make them a … i'd say home made would be a far better choice as its easy to make them a lot healthier by leaving out all the sugar

ofc but alot of the taste is in the sugar
it's to help maintain my muscle

tried a mix before, required blending oats and no cooking, after chewing on that my jaw needed wd-40

Legend101

If you are considering buying this for to help your new years resolution … If you are considering buying this for to help your new years resolution to get fit and healthy, just give up and go to McDonald's, you have no hope.

brilly

brilly

harlzter

Isnt this the same sort of thing at half the … Isnt this the same sort of thing at half the price?http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sweet-treats-stbm001ar-brownie-maker-cream-18019138-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t

yes a very good point, also the amount of protein we add can be altered

Didn't realise that machine existed either
whatsThePoint

that goes a long way towards explaining why so many people are fat and … that goes a long way towards explaining why so many people are fat and unhealthy nowadays when a high sugar content is deemed as necessary in a health bar

what does? the fact you didn't bother to read what i said?
were you eating a mars bar at the same time?
I was just about to buy one until it popped up with £7.95 postage!!.

Shame.. Lost sale!
i think theres no point, taking the advice of the other posters the bars can be made easily without it, youtube.com/wat…yer

check the video out it required no cooking to make those
Health bars

After the blow out and indulgence of Christmas and new year celebrations many of you start the new year with a health conscious regime!
This sugar, fat and wheat free health bar will tick all the right boxs, with its slow release properties and amazing flavour, give yourself a healthy kickstart to the year ahead!

900g oats, 200g chopped apricots, 200g dried cranberries, 200g raisins,
3 bananas, 50g linseed, 50g millet,
900g grated apple and 1ltr of unsweetened orange juice.

1.Place the oats, cranberries, apricots, raisins and seeds into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix together then slice the bananas thinly into the mix.
3. Core the apples then grate them finely leaving the peel on.
4. Add apples to the dry mix and combine.
5. Pour in the orange juice and mix, should be a nice loose mixture.
6. Line a large roasting tray with parchment paper.
7. Pour in the mixture and pat down so mix is level in the tray.
8. Place into a pre heated oven 220c or gas mark 7.
9. Bake for 25 mins turning once.
10. Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 30 mins.
11. Cut into bar sized shapes( any size you like)
12. Serve for breakfast, put them in your lunch box or reach for them when the chocolate cravings start!!!!

Once cut up these health bars will keep in the fridge for a week remaining super moist and super tasty.

Fruit & Nut Bars

2 oz each of apricots, dates, figs, sultanas, sunflower seeds & hazelnuts.
4 oz porridge oats, 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsn concentrated apple juice.
Finely chop fruit & nuts, mix all together, press into 7" x 7" tin and bake for 15 mins at 180C, cut while still warm.

This is a recipe from the Food Doctor.

Apricot and oat fingers.

7 dried apricots, plus just enough mint tea to cover them.
40g/2oz rolled oats.
50ml/2 fl oz mint tea (reserved).
30g/1oz coarsely ground mixed nuts.

Soak the apricots in enough boiling mint tea to cover them generously and leave for 3 hours til soft, or simmer very gently for half an hour.

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.

Lift the apricots from the tea and puree in food processor. Put the oats in a saucepan, add the pureed apricots and pour in the reserved mint tea and the nuts. Mix well and cook over a low heat for a few minutes.

Oil a baking sheet and press the mixture onto it, not too thickly, then bake for 20 minutes. If the top is not as brown as you would like, brush the top with oil and place under a hot grill for a few minutes, until a deeper colour is achieved. Cut into slim fingers and serve. This recipe serves two, and a dip of 2 tablespoons of fromage frais mixed with the flesh of a passionfruit is given as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions