Android 2.2 - where to store own ringtones / notification

4 replies
Found 22nd Dec 2010
just got a used phone with 2.2 rooted onto it

Now in 2.1 on o/h O-SF I just created a folder on the SD card called Notifications and put her own ringtone / sms tone in there then used setting sounf etc to set the ringtone / sms tone

But on this new phone running a cyanogen mod rom the same process does not work.

Also found a folder in teh following location

/system/media/audio/ringtones

but cannot mobve a file to this folder

any ideas how to set my own mp3 as a ringtone

also want to have my own sms tones as well

please help !!!!

EliTom

4 Comments

surprised you just didn't ask =]

you can use the app Rings Extended which will let you select audio files from the Micro SDHC card to use as notifications or ringtones you can also push audio files to the phones built in memory using adb

wiki.cyanogenmod.com/ind…rts

Original Poster

dreamsofubuntu

surprised you just didn't ask =]you can use the app Rings Extended which … surprised you just didn't ask =]you can use the app Rings Extended which will let you select audio files from the Micro SDHC card to use as notifications or ringtones you can also push audio files to the phones built in memory using adb http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=How_to_install_more_audio_ringtones_and_alerts

LOL - just cracked it - you need the full path of media/audio/ringtone on the sd card

I do have another question - will PM you - about the wifi hotspot function on 2.2 - it seems not to be there on the cyanogen mod rom

that would be very useful for business use!

EliTom

elitom

I do have another question - will PM you - about the wifi hotspot … I do have another question - will PM you - about the wifi hotspot function on 2.2 - it seems not to be there on the cyanogen mod romthat would be very useful for business use!EliTom

as the wi-fi hotspot is an htc made app cyanogen isnt allowed to include it in his mods as it is not legal to do so, he got a slap on the wrist a while ago for doing that sort of thing. its the same reason theres no htc sense

There's a couple of wifi apps

Barnacle Wifi Tether (in Market) and Android-Wifi-Tether ( code.google.com/p/a…er/ )

if you want a good android resource I'd recommend the XDA-Developers forum forum.xda-developers.com/for…480

Edited by: "dreamsofubuntu" 22nd Dec 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Leicester sack their manager!816
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564085
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1311
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769220

See more discussions