Android 9.0 Pie - Available to download now on google pixel and essential devices!

Found 6th Aug
Android 9.0 Pie has just been released and is available to update right now for free on the following devices:

Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Essential Phone PH-1

android.com/ver…-0/
Community Updates
Android.com DealsMisc
Top comments
I can't actually see the point of this post.
For a start it's free.
Secondly, if you've got a suitable device, it'll notify there is an upgrade or automatically download it anyway
MFT015 m ago

Not everyone gets the notifications

You mean if they never connect their thing to the Internet?
Or if they've turned off notifications?
Or buried their thing in a bucket of sand?
Oh I see
Edited by: "jasee" 6th Aug
23 Comments
Thanks for the heads up. I have a Nexus 6P so no Android P joy for me. Waiting for a good deal on a Pixel XL to upgrade.
Edited by: "Bargin.General" 6th Aug
I can't actually see the point of this post.
For a start it's free.
Secondly, if you've got a suitable device, it'll notify there is an upgrade or automatically download it anyway
jasee2 m ago

I can't actually see the point of this post.For a start it's …I can't actually see the point of this post.For a start it's free.Secondly, if you've got a suitable device, it'll notify there is an upgrade or automatically download it anyway

MFT015 m ago

You mean if they never connect their thing to the Internet?
Or if they've turned off notifications?
Or buried their thing in a bucket of sand?
Oh I see
Edited by: "jasee" 6th Aug
jasee13 m ago

I can't actually see the point of this post.For a start it's …I can't actually see the point of this post.For a start it's free.Secondly, if you've got a suitable device, it'll notify there is an upgrade or automatically download it anyway

I guess it's for people who don't want to wait for the push notification (Google roll it out in batches).
But chances are if you are really interested you would already know or have being using the beta 4 anyway.
Hot for the pie
jasee8 m ago

You mean if they never connect their thing to the Internet?Or if they've …You mean if they never connect their thing to the Internet?Or if they've turned off notifications?Or buried their thing in a bucket of sand?Oh I see

Very helpful post, thanks
Do you know if the Google Pixel C will have this update ?
majorwedgy8414 m ago

Very helpful post, thanks

That's Ok. if you unbury it quickly enough you may still get the notification
Got this on my 2 XL earlier. Had to manually check for updates rather than being notified automatically.

Not really a deal.
No notification for me, but manually checked and it's there waiting for me. Pixel XL by the way. Thanks OP.
MFT011 h, 1 m ago

Nope - wife has the Pixel 2 XL and only found she had the update doing a check for updates.
Still on 6
Thanks for the Heads up 🏽
Cheers, manual search and now Im downloading
Got on my P2XL
jasee2 h, 26 m ago

Jeeeez. Some people
Thanks.
Make your phone slower for free, what a deal!
Edited by: "mentalchrome" 7th Aug
Moved to MISC as a heads up / info post and to allow discussion.
just got my Pixel 2 XL yesterday and installed it straightaway, nothing amazing jumping out so far...
mentalchrome4 h, 55 m ago

Make your phone slower for free, what a deal!

Except it does the opposite according to reviews.
Thanks for this post, changed my profile picture now!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants