Android Auto and Amazon music.

Found 30th Apr
Does anyone else have this problem , where on the home screen on car media screen ,the album cover does not change ,only on media screen.

thing is the album cover only changes when first connected via USB.(unplugged and plugged in).
Community Updates
AskAndroid
7 Comments
I don't think I get album covers on my home screen, it just has a little bubble with what I was playing last in car or not and then weather, recent destinations or possible destinations for the day.
If you click on the song ,it may go into a bigger screen

I may have a theory ,that album thumb nail are only connected to the first song of the album.

But going to look into this further.
Munch19812 h, 29 m ago

If you click on the song ,it may go into a bigger screenI may have a …If you click on the song ,it may go into a bigger screenI may have a theory ,that album thumb nail are only connected to the first song of the album.But going to look into this further.

I think you are correct in your thoughts. Mine is fine on music from USB that I've placed myself but noticed it does this with Amazon music also. Fine even with stations playing from Tunein Radio also.
cecilmcroberts33 m ago

I think you are correct in your thoughts. Mine is fine on music from USB …I think you are correct in your thoughts. Mine is fine on music from USB that I've placed myself but noticed it does this with Amazon music also. Fine even with stations playing from Tunein Radio also.

Did have a other look ,and noticed it's not connected to first song ,but connected some how.
Munch19815 m ago

Did have a other look ,and noticed it's not connected to first song ,but …Did have a other look ,and noticed it's not connected to first song ,but connected some how.

Could be wrong...but I think it does a hierarchy, if no song art found, display album art.
cecilmcroberts30th Apr

Could be wrong...but I think it does a hierarchy, if no song art found, …Could be wrong...but I think it does a hierarchy, if no song art found, display album art.

I think I solved what course this ,the album thumb is not download like the full big album cover. So the thumbnail uses mobile data ,but if the thumbnail as not been downloaded on the album it will show onces but will fail show again if it as already been downloaded.

I discovered this by switching on airplane mode off and no thumbnail but big cover picture. Switch back on and it loads thumbnail on all albums. But this no good for Amazon music/Android Auto , because it needs to load and display once. But won't display again as it's not a first time load.

This maybe confusing but I think I have found the problem.

Solution

Will report back.
Clearing Cache works but only once if more than one song on album.

So hard to find a solution .

Or just have one song from artist.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants