Android backup & restore

Found 13th Oct 2017Edited by:"popolou"
Is it possible to restore a backup from Sony's Xperia handset (Marshmallow) to another Sony (perhaps Nougat but possibly running Oreo) using their PCC (or equivalent)?

Or is it that the architecture difference means the backups cannot be restored to the equivalent but updated locations on the new handset?

Cheers
Pops
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Titanium Backup.
I’m shocked this is still the case with android, it’s alwats been a bugger to back up
Dannyrobbo3 h, 3 m ago

I’m shocked this is still the case with android, it’s alwats been a bugger …I’m shocked this is still the case with android, it’s alwats been a bugger to back up

not quite, android does backup just not the actual data like text or game save (its up to developers to enable this)
That's actually what I'm concerned with. The bulk data I can manage, it's the app data I want included in the transfer over.
mattsk1 h, 9 m ago

not quite, android does backup just not the actual data like text or game …not quite, android does backup just not the actual data like text or game save (its up to developers to enable this)

Its a pretty poor show though isn’t it, I buy a new iPhone, type my username and password and everything is on my phone right where I left it. Android is nothing like this google backup is terrible I just can’t believe there’s no way to do a full device backup and restore.
You can. Well for Sony handsets certainly, they have their software that does a complete backup and restore.
My xiaomi restored via there own service and I thought Sony dose to. Sony have there own backup and restore I thought. It's built in os
Dannyrobbo5 h, 27 m ago

Its a pretty poor show though isn’t it, I buy a new iPhone, type my u …Its a pretty poor show though isn’t it, I buy a new iPhone, type my username and password and everything is on my phone right where I left it. Android is nothing like this google backup is terrible I just can’t believe there’s no way to do a full device backup and restore.

it depends on what you want. if you are brand loyal then backing up is non issue. problems start when you switch between manufacturers.
there are pros and cons of living in a walled garden.... you get to have a backup of everything on a "brand new" phone that looks and feels exactly the same as the earlier model from 3 years ago
Edited by: "mattsk" 14th Oct 2017
mattsk1 h, 24 m ago

it depends on what you want. if you are brand loyal then backing up is non …it depends on what you want. if you are brand loyal then backing up is non issue. problems start when you switch between manufacturers. there are pros and cons of living in a walled garden.... you get to have a backup of everything on a "brand new" phone that looks and feels exactly the same as the earlier model from 3 years ago

Not really though technically it’s possible for you to do this on android, even within the pure droid builds it’s not so easy. It gets more complicated when your phone breaks or something on android you lose the lot. Walled garden or not at least it’s a good backup system
Try Samsung Smart Switch
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants