Android barcode app

Found 13th Jan
Does anyone know of an android app that will allow me to scan barcodes and import the barcode and the number it represents into excel? All the apps I've looked at only import the numerical data.
Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

You can do as you have already said, but then convert the stored data into a barcode in excel. Havn't seen anything myself that would store the picture along with the decode information.

sageintelligence.com/tip…el/

Remember though the multiple types of barcodes that exist and depending on the app you use they may or may not decode all the types. Been a while since I've looked at the import from an app but you may also need the type to be imported so that you can create the correct barcode from that data.

gs1.org/sit…pdf

Use the below website to create different types if you need to test the decoder in the app. (Advanced - Symbology options)
barcodesinc.com/gen…php
Or
barcode.tec-it.com/en
Also be careful and check the stored data in the excel spreadsheet to ensure that any supressed zero's remain so.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Jan

Original Poster

Thanks Cecil, the barcode font look like it might work

The Android pay app also lets you enter certain barcodes as well.

Original Poster

Found an app called 'my barcode wallet' that lets me scan, record and name barcodes straight to my phone without even bothering exporting them to excel. Thanks anyway, hukd'ers.

craigstephens13th Jan

Found an app called 'my barcode wallet' that lets me scan, record and name …Found an app called 'my barcode wallet' that lets me scan, record and name barcodes straight to my phone without even bothering exporting them to excel. Thanks anyway, hukd'ers.

Good to know thanks for the tip on the app name. I wrongly presumed you needed them exported to excel, thought you where using for inventory and other people to have access to the same data.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions