Found 12th Jun
Hiya looking for android box recommendations.. I currently have Apple TV 3 Gen and use it for Netflix/Nowtv and Airplay movies from my Macbook.

I was looking to jump ship towards android and was looking for some recommendations for a Android box as I have no experience with these.

I would like something i can run Kodi from and use Netflix/nowtv, occasional gaming and also cast things from my laptop

Budget is around £50

1. Ask
  2. Android
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Android
8 Comments

I have the nvidia shield which basically does everything. Never used now tv so unsure about that one. It has chromecast built in but it's obviously way over your budget. It's the nuts for gaming too. I've used Amazon boxes. Fire sticks etc and this smashes them all. Amazon fire TV box is good though for the price. It should do almost everything If you're willing to throw about £20-30 more into it?

Original Poster

Can you cast to Amazon Fire Box though? Is it not better to get Chinese Android Box as they run full android version not a locked down version?

Just get an android box for what you want and Apple for your legit apps and casting, don't know why you would want to cast to a firebox tbh

Suspect your gaming performance expectations will dictate your final decision. Current goto box to gain max performance without dizzy heights of NV Shield will be a box with S912 chipset, and as a gamer you will want to match that with at least 3GB RAM. This will push you about £12+ over budget from mainstream UK sources. If you can compromise your gaming expectations a little, virtually any recent box with 2GB RAM will meet your needs from mid-£30s, example £36.99 fulfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/…GD/. Optional gigabit / dual wifi will add to the basic cost. Maybe a random example of happy medium with one-step down S905X chip but retaining 3GB RAM and unusually generous 32GB storage is £42.99 fulfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/…VU/ which would leave just enough from your budget (give or take 7p) for a frustration-reducing rechargeable backlit combined mini keyboard & mousepad with UK keyboard layout amazon.co.uk/gp/…HW/

Original Poster

andybriggs03

Just get an android box for what you want and Apple for your legit apps … Just get an android box for what you want and Apple for your legit apps and casting, don't know why you would want to cast to a firebox tbh

Reason being would be to sell off the Apple TV and just keep one box.

These guys will have something within your budget and above, they may even be local to you.
Entertainment Box

amazon fire tv....you can put kodi on it and just about anything else...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. disneyland paris tickets11
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    3. Whey protien621
    4. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37

See more discussions